homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What are you doing for Halloween? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What are you doing for Halloween?
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted October 30, 2004 18:01      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit too old for trick-or-treating now, so that is out of the question. And staying home to give out candy wouldn't do any good, because no one comes by the apartments. So I might see a movie or just have a picnic for Halloween. What will you be up to tomorrow?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2004 18:46      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I spent most of today at an aikido seminar, and tomorrow's gonna be crappy as far as the weather goes, so I'll naturely be in the lab.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2004 19:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, yeah - so obviously it won't be quite as insane as last year [Wink] .

Oh...it's tomorrow - I wonder if that'll affect my plans at all. I have none for the evening, as of yet.

/me wonders what the city will be like tomorrow, during the day, anyway.

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 30, 2004 21:19      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homework and college essays. Woot. [Frown] Watching whatever horror movies are on TV, if I finish early enough.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2004 23:55      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in BC, we have the option of pyrotechnics... do I will be detonating some fireworks... [evil]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 02:37      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linkage. Boy on a stick and slither rocks!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 08:00      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I have done so far:

Cleaned house
Made tea and nachos
Danced around in the hallway
Missed the housemate I have a crush on (who is away all weekend)

What I will do later today:

Help cook a roast dinner
Help ten of my friends eat a roast dinner
Buy cheap wine
Work... maybe...
Continue to miss the housemate I have a crush on
Not clean the house when my friends leave

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 08:05      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to the Evil Genius Consortium 2. It's basically a LAN party without the computer. Mountain Dew, monopoly, risk and major pwnage one the gamecube.

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 10:56      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching the X-Files marathon on Superstation WGN
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 12:48      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween party. Couldn't be bothered to think of a scary costume, so I've decided to go as an exorcist [evil]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted October 31, 2004 17:22      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASlept in late (clocks "fall back" here today) took a leisurely bath with Jackie while babe slept and nearly 4 yr old Daneille watched her favorite Shrek DVD, visited my parents, came home and cooked a trad roast chicken dinner with trimmngs (whilst also "helping" Danielle to make a *big* pumpkin lantern and handing out sweeties to "trick or treaters"... I guess next year I'll probably have to take her (Danielle) out... Although to be honest I don't really like the whole US style commercial hi-jack of halloween/samhain as tradionally celebrated in the UK...

Alternatively I could have a full blown trad UK Hallowe'en party and kick T&T into touch...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 21:11      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i turned 24....yippee, yay. [Smile] been a semi decent year actually. Can't complain. Met new gf's parents... Can't remember the last time i wore that sweater before today. but i looked good in it and got complimented on it by her.. Even bought a little three step bamboo arrangement for 'em which they absolutely loved and the perfect roses for her. How often do you find those absolutely perfect roses where even the mom notices how good they are...and drops a compliment about them....
even finished my christmas shopping online for everyone....beware the power of the cc with the high spending limit muhahah [Big Grin]
and now frantically working to finish this stuff....ptshh work!

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 21:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Heh, yeah - so obviously it won't be quite as insane as last year [Wink] .

No. No dragons flying in to visit fairy princesses.

THe aikido seminar yesterday was fun. A buit nerve-wracking though. We had 80+ people on hte mat swinging wooden swords at each other and trying not to cause any collateral damage. Miraculously, the only person who smacked me was my partner (though that doesn't make getting hit with a solid piece of oak any less painful).

Worked today. Will work tomorrow and Tuesday (after I vote of course). Am going back to Seattle for an overnight trip to see my dad take a sandan test Wednesday. Depending on what happens with the elections, I may or may not be spending the rest of the week in Denver demonstrating (my boss gave me permission when I ran it past him today).

Just like last year it is snowing on Halloween night. Anyone else seeing winter coming in? Anyone else getting excited about the impending ski season?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2004 21:53      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a little bit of fine wet snow on my drive to work. Came home, made dinner, no trick or treaters. Oh and I baked a cake. Mmmmm cake [hearts]
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 07:52      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Just like last year it is snowing on Halloween night. Anyone else seeing winter coming in? Anyone else getting excited about the impending ski season?

Ski-ing mmmm, weee, but no snow yet.

Wonder which resort I will ski at each weekend? There are just so many to choose from. [Big Grin]

(Geneva, main airport for the French Alps, see thousands of drunken brits crawl through it every year [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 08:24      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder the same thing myself Swiss. Got a lovely 5-mountain pass hanging on my coat stand, just waiting to be used. CO is a grand place.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 08:30      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
well, i turned 24....yippee, yay. [Smile]

Happy belated birthday.

I went to the Canadian Museum of Science and Technology, they had free admission and some fun stuff going on for Hallowe'en. It was pretty damned cool.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 10:29      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boss made me work cause supposedly its the busiest night of the year (for pizza joints) but then it was really quiet, I guess cause it was a sunday, meaning no late parties and parents had time to actually cook dinner. I ended up staying there anyways to help clean up, then went to my best friends house, where my gf was (theyre really reallly close too) and sat around. i got to meet my friends new boyfriend. Hes quiet, and a little weird, but whatever makes her happy. then i went home and slept. my costume, officially, was pizza guy. Then I found an AYSO (american youth soccer org) pin lying on a table, so I was a "pizza guy who supported AYSO". what a boring halloween. didnt even have time to make dry ice bombs [Frown]

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 16:26      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dry ice bombs?
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 16:40      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pizza guy?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 03:03      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
girlfriend?

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 03:08      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
halloween?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 03:11      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sunday?
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 05:23      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
girlfriend?

This isn't /. Posters here are allowed to have girlfriends and not live in their mothers' basements [Razz]

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 05:33      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I don't live in my mother's basement. Does that mean I'm not allowed to post to slashdot? [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture