homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » OK, um, this is a sinulating topic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK, um, this is a sinulating topic
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted September 24, 2004 12:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sinulator lets someone control your sex toy over the internet.
http://www.sinulate.com/index.html

-

Wired story on it too..
http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,65064,00.html/

Who wants to do a review? [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2004 13:13      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll wait to get home before I open that link. The server gestopo might be watching

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2004 16:23      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first reaction to the story was amusement, as it sounds like the Orgasmatron in that Woody Allen film come to life. However on reflection, sadly in our disconnected fearful world this is the next logical step from cyber and 'phone sex, so providing they can find an efficient way of fleecing sad lonely men (not a difficult thing to do!), I expect this technology to develop and be very successful. So it may not be too long before someone in a vast gleaming concrete and glass building does say something like "May I introduce you to Dr Spungo, he heads up the teledildonics division here at Cybersex International." [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 3 posted September 24, 2004 17:57      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw a site a long whaile ago that had a device that mounted in a 5 1/4" bay in your pc
(sold in 2 parts, male/female)

enabling 2 people to "screw" each other over the 'net using software that read movement of one device and transmitted it to the other

interesting idea, but i can't imaging being able to fit into such a small hole

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2004 21:31      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
i saw a site a long whaile ago that had a device that mounted in a 5 1/4" bay in your pc
(sold in 2 parts, male/female)

enabling 2 people to "screw" each other over the 'net using software that read movement of one device and transmitted it to the other

interesting idea, but i can't imaging being able to fit into such a small hole

Yeah, ct, the old thing was the first thing that came to my mind. While I knew the name, and might have gotten the URI right, I did a quick Google search, and right at top was this:
http://www.fu-fme.com/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2004 00:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember, always beware of computer viruses [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2004 06:39      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

Or denial of service attacks.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2004 08:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:

I think that's when a fu-fme hooker says "no you're too ugly."
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2004 12:52      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And trojans [Wink] but wait, in this situation those are a good thing [Big Grin]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2004 16:03      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Practice safe hex and avoid computer viruses today!

-Shamelessly lifted from a ThinkGeek tshirt. (speaking of which, I got the tux one and the insufficient memory one for my birthday friday!)

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2004 07:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 3 thinkgeek t-shirts:

Will work for bandwidth
RTFM
I read your e-mail.

I also have the blue LED binary clock. And a bunch of other little things.

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2004 07:32      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
quote:

I think that's when a fu-fme hooker says "no you're too ugly."
There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere "He's so ugly that even a virtual hooker wouldn't sleep with him".

Although I was thinking more along the lines of someone hooked up to the system being deluged by requests such that they couldn't do anything else.

Actually, the HTTP status codes could easily be adapted to intimate relationships, it'd be much more suitable than looking for rings on fingers, and more direct than talking. I could see uses for 401 (Unauthorized), 402 (Payment required), 405 (Method Not Allowed), 413 (Request Entity Too Large), 417 (Expectation Failed), 503 (Service Unavailable), for a start [Wink]

Who knew RFCs could be so much fun?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2004 20:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
So it may not be too long before someone in a vast gleaming concrete and glass building does say something like "May I introduce you to Dr Spungo, he heads up the teledildonics division here at Cybersex International." [Wink]

This has inspired me to register a new gmail address

InstituteOfTeledildonics (at) gmail dawt com

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2004 02:51      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This has inspired me to register a new gmail address

InstituteOfTeledildonics (at) gmail dawt com

I am glad someone else enjoyed Wired News's invention of that word.

I wonder TFD, what the logo of your organisation might look like? Something thrusting and futuristic in a 1930s Deco style perhaps. We ought also to devise a motto or strap line to go with it too.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2004 03:24      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of someone hooked up to the system being deluged by requests such that they couldn't do anything else.

Actually, the HTTP status codes could easily be adapted to intimate relationships, it'd be much more suitable than looking for rings on fingers, and more direct than talking. I could see uses for 401 (Unauthorized), 402 (Payment required), 405 (Method Not Allowed), 413 (Request Entity Too Large), 417 (Expectation Failed), 503 (Service Unavailable), for a start [Wink]

Who knew RFCs could be so much fun?

I can also see a use for 412 (too many connected users)

Originally posted by Callipygous:
quote:
I am glad someone else enjoyed Wired News's invention of that word.

I wonder TFD, what the logo of your organisation might look like? Something thrusting and futuristic in a 1930s Deco style perhaps. We ought also to devise a motto or strap line to go with it too.

was your use of strap deliberate? If so, great, if not, good Freudian slip. [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2004 06:11      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh. You're forgetting what I think I'd get from most women if I was single: 406 CONTENT_NOT_ACCEPTABLE. [Frown]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture