homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Happy happy joy joy.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy happy joy joy.
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 13:59      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of either this Friday or this Monday (haven't gotten a for-sure from the dealer on which yet), I will be the proud new owner of a red 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V. I got the phone call today saying my finance application was approved. I am set.

It's got: a 2.5L 4cyl 175hp engine with a 6-speed manual transmission, helical limited slip diff, 17" rims, 9 speaker stereo including subwoofer, moonroof, power everything, and A LITTLE DISPLAY THAT TELLS ME HOW MANY KM I CAN DRIVE BEFORE I RUN OUT OF GAS! [Big Grin]

I know it's nothing compared to some people's having children, adopting, buying new houses, etc, on this board, but damn it, I'm proud. [Big Grin]

This is a pic of the car .. exact colour, model, everything:

-

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 14:41      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moonroof ?!?! Forget it, I don't wanna know what it is for.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 15:10      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Remember kids, it's not big and it's not clever to stand on the passenger seat and wave your arse at passing motorists...
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 15:14      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:

Remember kids, it's not big and it's not clever to stand on the passenger seat and wave your arse at passing motorists...
But presumably doing that on the drivers seat is? Particularly if you're the driver [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 18:08      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if MTB drives one of those?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 19:04      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. I was hoping this would be a topic about Ren and Stimpy.

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 20:17      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aves Corax:
Damn. I was hoping this would be a topic about Ren and Stimpy.

Sweet! I wasn't the only one! [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2004 20:22      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wonder if MTB drives one of those?

I wonder where MTB Babe is these days [Frown]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 03:37      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drunkennewfiemidget I was looking at the presses in that photo, I doubt that car was made at that factory as the presses look to be at least forty years old and are in a state of disrepair, I would have said that it was where I worked except the roof beams are going the wrong way compaired to the aisle. I believe that they used a stock photo of a press room and superimposed the car there.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 13:06      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm relatively sure they didn't intend to make it look like it was made there. [Wink]

I can't wait to pick it up. Tomorrow at 5:30pm. WOO HOO!

On a not-so-bright note though, CAR INSURANCE SUCKS.

-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 16:49      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmmmmmm, nice lookin car [Smile]

my '91 acclaim blew up last thursday (rod through the block, etc)
got 172,000m out of it though...

been looking to replace it for the last few days and came up on a '95 626 with the V6 [Big Grin] mmmm

looks just like this, but in gold

-

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2004 18:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are very nice cars.

I'm gonna sell off my old car... a '94 vw golf. It's gotten a good 330,000km on it. [Big Grin]

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2004 05:25      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats dnm,

May you drive fast and may all cops be looking the other way. [thumbsup]

Purchased a new toy this weekend myself. Off the showroom floor '03 Yamaha V-Star 1100. [Big Grin] There is nothing like riding a bike to make life's worries disappear. Maybe it's due to the fact that you wonder if will survive the ride that makes work a lot less of a bother.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2004 07:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Congrats dnm,

May you drive fast and may all cops be looking the other way. [thumbsup]

Purchased a new toy this weekend myself. Off the showroom floor '03 Yamaha V-Star 1100. [Big Grin] There is nothing like riding a bike to make life's worries disappear. Maybe it's due to the fact that you wonder if will survive the ride that makes work a lot less of a bother.

Thank you, sir. And congrats on the new bike. I still can't get over how many CCs the engines on BIKES can get to be.. my old VW is 1984CCs. IN A CAR! [Razz]

And that's the exact reason I refuse to buy a motorcycle or even get my license for it. I know I'd end up killing myself.

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2004 04:16      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well how did the first night go, Did you stay awake all night watching it out the window? Did you track dust or dirt onto the Floor mats, Did a bug give its life to stain the windshield, have you spilled coffee or some other liquid onto its interior? has a quest violated your new car, because at some point all of this will have happened.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2004 07:42      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking about Bikes The newest bike from Triumph has a displacement of 2.5 Liter damn thats almost twice the displacement of my Harley.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2004 14:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Speaking about Bikes The newest bike from Triumph has a displacement of 2.5 Liter damn thats almost twice the displacement of my Harley.

Does it come with a tow-bar?

/me could never understand why anyone would want a bike that needs 3 grown men to get it upright after a fall.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2004 08:19      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
/me could never understand why anyone would want a bike that needs 3 grown men to get it upright after a fall.

Just don't let it fall. [Big Grin]

Hey DNM do you have it yet? Or are you too busy obsessing over it to post anything?

On a bike note, my little V-Star is just 650lbs with fluids and a LOT heavier riding 2 up. It has been beautifully warm out here the last couple of days.(90 F with 50 percent humidity) So the wife and I took a trip down highway 79 towards Julian last night. Talk about fun. You just feel like you are hardwired to the world.

I was telling my wife that it is also the reason I drve my old Corvairs. She drives a great little Lumina that is solid, quiet with lots of usable power and a decent stereo. But, when I hop in it I feel divorced from the world. I get in an old car and I heard all the little rattles, feel the lines in the road. And I have to think about the next turn or the next stop. I have to be part of the car not just a pilot that points it where it needs to go.

Someday I will have an Indian in the garage, but this at least scratches the itch for now.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2004 11:27      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I've been obsessing over it too much to actually post. Seriously. [Razz]

It's SO BEAUTIFUL. It's SO much fun to drive, it's so friggen fast, it's awesome. EVERYONE turns their head as I drive by.. it's so bloody sexy. [Big Grin]

I love it. Once I actually get a camera (I have to take some pics of the old car I'm selling anyway) I'll take some pics and put them online..

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2004 11:42      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me is getting jealous...

Eh, I shouldn't complain. My rattling little Subaru somehow got me up an over Berthoud Pass twice this weekend. Granted, I had to downshift to get over the crest and also on some of those hairpin turns, but I did it. I really want a stereo though. Hearing your car rattling on a deserted highway in the dead of the night is a bit unnerving.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture