homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Beautiful Days!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beautiful Days!
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2004 06:18      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woooooh!!

I've been at a wicked festival - Beautiful Days at Escot Park set up by the Levellers, music and dancing and clothes and drinking... Ohhh, the drinking... [Big Grin]

Sooo happy now - festivals make me charged!

*runs in circles*

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2004 11:30      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww... No-one cares I went to festivals... [Frown]

Hehehe, I'm not trying to make this go to the top. *whistles* [Big Grin]

--------------------

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2004 02:09      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Festivals are fun [Big Grin]

Went to the Paleo, saw The Darkness and Muse, a fun time was had by all there.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2004 06:24      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see the darkness, however, the lead singer of that band scares the hell out of me. He seems to think he's good looking and people want to see him naked (in one of their music videos.), despite the fact that he's quite possibly one of the ugliest people in music.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2004 06:54      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love the glam resurgance.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2004 13:34      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Euuuuuwww...!!

The Darkness!? That Justin fella, he's a right plank. Though I kinda like the music.

Muuuuuuse... *dribbles*

I looooove Muse. I nearly went to see them live in their home town, about six months ago, I think, but I couldn't get transportation up there... Had a ticket in my hand though... [weep]

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2004 19:06      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
I'd like to see the darkness, however, the lead singer of that band scares the hell out of me. He seems to think he's good looking and people want to see him naked (in one of their music videos.), despite the fact that he's quite possibly one of the ugliest people in music.

I'm presuming that The Darkness are more than a little taking the mickey out of themselves and the genre of music they play, ala Spinal Tap.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 03:04      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spinal Tap are real? [Confused] [blush]

The Darkness aren't really a piss-take, they're just very OTT. But the main guy takes the music quite seriously. [Roll Eyes]

Whilst dressed in a black and white shimmery catsuit... [Eek!]

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 05:06      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:

I'm presuming that The Darkness are more than a little taking the mickey out of themselves and the genre of music they play, ala Spinal Tap.
What people don't understand, is drummers spontaneously combust all the time!
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 05:16      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Not nearly enough of them, however. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 05:28      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
quote:

Not nearly enough of them, however. [Big Grin]
haha.

But our amps go up to 11!

Why don't you just relabel them, and make 11 10?

You don't understand. Ours go up to 11!

Such a great movie.

"WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH A FUCKING 16" STONEHENGE!"

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 05:36      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spoongirl:
Spinal Tap are real? [Confused] [blush]

The Darkness aren't really a piss-take, they're just very OTT. But the main guy takes the music quite seriously. [Roll Eyes]

Whilst dressed in a black and white shimmery catsuit... [Eek!]

Justin, takes him self seriously! [Confused] [Eek!]
He is great on stage, always interacting with the audience. He even made the effort to speak french, or at least try, which was hilarious in itself, especially when explaining the title of one song ('Keep your hands off my woman...' those who know will fill in)

As for Muse, complete opposite, they come on stage and start to play. 4 songs into the set, drummer stands up and says 'Bonjour Paleo' then they go back to playing. At the end of the set, drummer stands up again and says 'Merci Paleo', and that was it.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 09:18      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Justin == my real first name.

I keep reading these threads and always take about half a second to go from, "WHAT THE FSCK ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?" to. "oh ya! hah!"

Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 11:41      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nononono, he takes the music seriously, I'm not saying they're not a good gig. But I've seen him be interviewed a few times and he's all for "reaching out to touch the people's hearts with music" - and it really doesn't seem like he's taking the mick out of himself.

And Muse are wonderful live! My friends went to see them and they said there were fireworks and stage stuff and pyrotechnics... *sigh*

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 12:50      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best band live EVER to this date for me is still AC/DC. And I only saw them 1 year ago. I can only imagine back in their prime in the late 70s/early 80s.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 13:11      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't say best live band.....but the loudest show. I saw them at Maple Leaf Gardens in '89 or so....my ears are still ringing from the cannons they fired during their final song: "For those about to rock *BANG BOOM* ..we salute you"

I think The Tragically Hip was the best band I have seen live.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 19:06      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hip put on a good show too. Seen those guys live probably 10 times.

My father saw AC/DC at the gardens back in .. 80 or 81.

There's something inherently cool about going to see a band 20 years after your father saw them and them still kicking royal ass.

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 11:05      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, saw AD/DC in the mid 80's and then I saw them again last year, and a couple of times in between too. Enjoyed them each time.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.

chrisb0151
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2961

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 18:41      Profile for chrisb0151     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great festival, my best bit was dancing in the rain to New Model Army, although the Bays and Drunk in Public were great too. System 7 were strange live and the Stranglers couldnt follow up NMA. Hope you had a great festival spoongirl, it was a lot of fun from where I was lying / jumping around / passing out .....
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 06:50      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only been to one fest - Reading '87. I was bongoed out of my tiny gourd all weekend. The best thing about Reading is the way everyone chucks piss bottles at the stage - I really don't know why anyone would play there. There was always a 2-litre plastic bottle being passed 'round. Mmmm... sanitary!

But I did see the Stranglers - although I can't remember if they were any good.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 06:58      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been to a beer festival, it was in a feild and we only had one keg, so I went home and read some magna.

(keggers happen alot)

--------------------
Eating Tv dinners sitting by the pool
arent' you glad we finished school?

Posts: 176 | From: forest with trees | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 07:32      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can always count on people throwing bottles of piss at the stage when at Leeds. That and idiots torching stuff, my tent went up in flames last year. Still great fun though

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 10:23      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dunjamon:
...Still great fun though

Not if you live next to the nearest supermarket to Leeds Fest! [cry baby]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 20, 2004 08:33      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey hey hey!!! chrisb0151!!!

Someone who not only knows about this festival but went too!!?? [Big Grin] Hooray!! Did you see me?? I was with a chickymoo wearing an orange poncho and a tall guy. Me myself, I'm a little girly with short dark hair... Nothing interesting much about me in appearance actually... I wanted to take my fairy wings (weren't there lots of them?) but one of them got broken when my dog... um... ate it. [Razz]

I loved the Stranglers! I thought they were great, but maybe because I'd had quite a lot to drink? [Confused] [Big Grin] He's got quite a good body for someone that's been around as long as they have. [blush] [Smile] Dancing in the rain, oh yes. I also liked that acoustical guitar guy in Tent 2, I think..?

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture