homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Kitty.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kitty.
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 13:04      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, my girlfriend and I added to our pet collection (1 cat and 1 dog) by adopting a kitten at the local humane society.

She's 2 months old, we haven't decided on her name yet, but 'cat' is a good start. Any suggestions?

We've already decided she's a total h4x0r. As the pic below will no doubt show:

[pic]
This is her admiring their network and considering how she'll get in untraced.

[pic]
This is her happily hacking away. Needless to say, thanks to her, I now own Walmart.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 14:18      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, can I offer a few cliche geek cat names?

How about Five. Short for Cat-5

Or maybe Script Kitty.

What? no? ok, was just offering.

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 15:27      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were both offered to me on #debian on freenode, and my gf turned them both down, although I quite like both of them. [Frown]
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 17:27      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pussy

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 18:29      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DNF, I have to ask you, Is that one of the yellow lines in the road, or is it a banana?
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 20:29      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely supposed to look like a bananas in pajamas that thinks its about to be eaten. ;D
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 21, 2004 20:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww... sweet! Looks a lot like NitroKitty when she was a kitty...

-

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MacGenius
Alpha Geek
Member # 1333

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 03:44      Profile for MacGenius   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cathode" is already taken [Big Grin]
Posts: 264 | From: Mars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 04:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Ceefer' ?

Or, if you're feeling obscure and unixy, 'more' (a more sophisticated version of 'cat').
(GNU/Linux geeks would of course choose 'less')

Or, for the extrovert, 'I like shouting'.
(To understand this one, imagine putting your head out the back door and calling your cat by name)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 06:50      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
(To understand this one, imagine putting your head out the back door and calling your cat by name)

GENIUS!!

/me rushes out to buy a cat that he can name "I like Shouting"

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 09:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha. We finally agreed on a name for her: gizmo.

You see, my girlfriend wouldn't in a million years allow anything fun like, "I like shouting", "script kitty" or "less".

Gizmo works because my girlfriend actually likes it, and it still implies a little bit of a geekiness feature.

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 12:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember not to get it wet, feed it after midnight, or get it in bright light. [thumbsup] Confused?

That's a real cute kitty. Congrats. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Number 2608
Mini Geek
Member # 2608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 12:44      Profile for Number 2608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drunkennewfiemidget:
We finally agreed on a name for her: gizmo.

Just remember to keep her away from water and don't feed her after midnight [Smile] .

Edit: this keeps happening to me, people posting the same ideas as me at the same time. I must get myself some original ideas.

Posts: 82 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 13:19      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha. She sleeps pretty much 16-20 hours a day anyway right now, so I don't have to worry about giving her anything, much less having her turn in to a big mean evil beast that will eat me. [Big Grin]
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 18:23      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

GENIUS!!

/me rushes out to buy a cat that he can name "I like Shouting"

Agreed. That's simply brilliant.

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 03:44      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like someone needs to read "The Unadulterated Cat"

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2004 12:15      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KITTY!!!!

oh my god that kitty is CUTE!

decided on a name yet?

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2004 08:34      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told my cats name was cool. I think Celestial objects make great cat names. My cat is Aurora. But Gizmo is a cool name too. My wife who is a cop named her cat Pinkerton

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2004 13:37      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bull3t:
KITTY!!!!

oh my god that kitty is CUTE!

decided on a name yet?

Yup Gizmo. She's gotten ALOT bigger in the short while we've had her. It's remarkable. She's absolutely PSYCHOTIC. She loves attention (what cat doesn't, I know..), she loves the dog, and pisses off the other cat, who hates her, but that will change with time I'm sure...
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2004 17:10      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute kitten!! I know I'm late but I had to throw out 'cation' or maybe an actual cation like Na, K, H, or whatever you like.

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture