homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I met Cat Schwartz today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I met Cat Schwartz today
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted August 13, 2004 17:40      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was pretty cool. [Smile]

-

This was at Quakecon, here in Dallas.

--------------------
that's it sir, you're leaving...the crackle of pig skin...the dust and the screaming...the yuppies networking
the panic...the vomit...the panic...the vomit
god loves his children...god loves his children...yeah

Posts: 682 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2004 20:52      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is pretty saucy. Did you get her to sign a nudie pic?

/me insanely jealous

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2004 07:54      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite. [Wink]

I was actually looking around for my friend who had wandered off, but found Cat Schwartz instead. A good trade, in my opinion. [Smile]

--------------------
that's it sir, you're leaving...the crackle of pig skin...the dust and the screaming...the yuppies networking

greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 17, 2004 09:07      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... how do you get to see the full-size picture? The obvious way (middle-click on it) didn't work out... I get redirected to the front page of some image-hosting service.
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 09:11      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:
Um... how do you get to see the full-size picture? The obvious way (middle-click on it) didn't work out... I get redirected to the front page of some image-hosting service.

http://img5.exs.cx/img5/2741/catschwartzandme.jpg
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 09:54      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Was Quakecon fun?
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 15:27      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubba hubba [Smile] Mind you, I needed to google to work out who she was (we don't get shows like TechTV here [Frown] )

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 19:42      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aditu:
Cool! Was Quakecon fun?

Yes, it was very fun. I got to play previews of the new Call of Duty expansion pack, multi and single player missions.

The LAN was even bigger than last year, I think around 2,500 people and lots of vendors/sponsors giving out free stuff and showing off their products.

-

--------------------

DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2004 06:02      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden:

What does her shirt say? It's got an Apple logo and G-something... I know Cat got a G4 laptop & iPod recently and has become so the Mac Grrrl.

=DB

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2004 06:25      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it says: Mac Gaming.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 18, 2004 08:14      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's Apple Glendale... a store opening shirt. or something else. [Smile]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2004 08:15      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
I think it says: Mac Gaming.

Naaa... that would be an oxymoron... [Wink] < G,D, & R >

=DB

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2004 14:48      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Hubba hubba [Smile]

Umm, she actually looks rather old in the full-size pic... quite a bit of difference from the thumbnail. 'course maybe you old geezers like 'em that way. [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2004 15:21      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
Hubba hubba [Smile]

Umm, she actually looks rather old in the full-size pic... quite a bit of difference from the thumbnail. 'course maybe you old geezers like 'em that way. [Razz]
Or are you just really young? Cat is only 27
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2004 16:15      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
Hubba hubba [Smile]

Or are you just really young? Cat is only 27
Well, I'd still be cradle snatching, anyway [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 19, 2004 09:15      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden:

-

DUDE! Where did you get the Yuri Gagarin tee shirt??!!!?? AWESOME!!!! [Smile]
Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 10:14      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The LAN was even bigger than last year, I think around 2,500 people"

What kind of server did they use??

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 14:32      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalBill:
What does her shirt say? It's got an Apple logo and G-something... I know Cat got a G4 laptop & iPod recently and has become so the Mac Grrrl.

I have no clue. It was quite dark near the vendor area and I didn't get that good of a look. I did glance at her shirt, but I didn't glance too long since I didn't want to be accused of staring at her boobs. [blush]

quote:
Originally posted by crazyarlo:
DUDE! Where did you get the Yuri Gagarin tee shirt??!!!?? AWESOME!!!! [Smile]

There's a store here here in Dallas that sells Russian/Soviet stuff.

http://russianisland.com/

It's a great store run by nice people. Buy stuff if you like them. The shirts are a little pricey, but they aren't the garden variety Hot Topic/A&F crap.

quote:
Originally posted by Aditu:
What kind of server did they use??

I have no clue. I believe it was run by speakeasy and fileshack.

--------------------

SimpleMan
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted September 10, 2004 06:50      Profile for SimpleMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss TechTV and the "gang" from Call For Help and The Screen Savers. In my opinion G$ screwed up TTV really bad. Now it is like MTV does gaming or something. I liked seeing Cat on Call For Help and I have not seen her once on G$TechTV. If you see her again, tell her I said hello. (like she knows who I am LOL).. [Razz]

--------------------
Wrote a song bout it, like to hear it....here it go

Posts: 47 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Macabus
Newbie Larva
Member # 2984

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2004 23:09      Profile for Macabus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're one lucky fellow... That's all I can say.
Posts: 5 | From: Right now, not so far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture