homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » ouch! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ouch!
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2004 09:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jezzus That is hideous.....someone cut that off please.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2004 12:13      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
Fortunately, I don't style my hair like that anymore, and it's no longer an issue. [Big Grin]
So, your doing the 'combover' now?
Heh. Not quite. As I've said in other posts, I have my father's hair. I'll never go bald. I'll just be grey by the time I'm 30.

Speaking of combovers though, I saw a great one today. But it was a little windy, so instead of being 'over' it was more like a slinky hanging off the side of his head.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2004 12:35      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4th of July weekend I went kayaking. I put on sunscreen b4 we left, but it was cold in the morning so I didn't do my arms (sweatshirt on). But then it got warmer so I took off the sweatshirt. And the end of the day my arms were sunburnt. Not super bad, but bad enough. Never got lobsterman, but did go through molting lizardman.

Brian

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2004 13:03      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Speaking of combovers though, I saw a great one today. But it was a little windy, so instead of being 'over' it was more like a slinky hanging off the side of his head.

Sounds like our very own ComboverMan at a pud we frequent. There is a picture on someone's phone, I'll see if I can get it. The most obvious combover you'll ever see, especially when it falls off the wrong way.
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2004 10:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:

Sounds like our very own ComboverMan at a pud we frequent. There is a picture on someone's phone, I'll see if I can get it. The most obvious combover you'll ever see, especially when it falls off the wrong way.
How does one frequent a pud? Or do I want to know? [Wink]
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2004 11:55      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Oh, at least thrice a week. Its like a pub, only with a spongy interior and more custard (or sometimes a chocolaty sauce) [Wink]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 04, 2004 18:52      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim(the Brit) went on a family vacation with me(and survived!!), and everytime one of my siblings or nephews would complain at the pool about how white they were, they'd notice him and say, "Ooh... guess we shouldn't complain..." [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 06:37      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:

Oh, at least thrice a week. Its like a pub, only with a spongy interior and more custard (or sometimes a chocolaty sauce) [Wink]
Then I'll stick to my regular every day places, they use strawberry sauce and use monkies in the place of shoes.

[Confused] [shake head]

s4 leko
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2873

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted August 05, 2004 09:26      Profile for s4 leko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At "geek camp" as we call it this summer we ended up at the beach one day and I got a terrible sun burn right on the backs of my knees and no where else. It hurt to walk for a week.

Now I have a nice tan right there to go with my general paleness. [Roll Eyes]

dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 02:53      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I burn and I hate the sun/summer. We had a family BBQ the other day and relatives were laughing at me as I was moving my chair into the shaded bits of the garden. Talking of combovers, my manager at work has about 10 hairs which he combs over from the back of his head.

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture