homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » wow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wow
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 16:50      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play the bass guitar, and am in a band that is pretty popular. I have been playing alot of gigs lately. And as I lay awake in my bed from too much caffine consumption I questioned my geekdom, so I wrote a shit load of code. Don't know if I feel normal (strange) again yet. My Identity has been stolen from me! by my l33t bass playing skills!

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 18:39      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the lead guitarist/lead singer/keyboardist in a band that is pretty popular locally too, still I remain a geek [Wink] Geek is something in your heart, and your mind(ofcoarse) not in your actions all the time. Keep up the bass playing, you can always return to being a geek.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 21:07      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as your happy and haven't lost your roots(or root) you remain geek
*Katie has spoken*

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 05:48      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geeks and music mix very, very well. Music is highly mathematical.

Besides that, there are also some exquisitely geeky bands and songs out there. They Might Be Giants and Devo are obvious first mentions. On a less mainstream note, check out Lynda Williams. Or just read some of Rush's lyrics....

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 06:44      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am not in a band that wasn't popular at all (but for truly horrific experiences check out crap-quality jams on http://www.geocities.com/spungonet/
and
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~spongo/edb.htm).

i am still not a geek [Confused]

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture