homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Normal service will be resumed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Normal service will be resumed
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2004 10:57      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I know, I know, I've posted like a TWAT with no life in the past day-ish and I'm guessing that you're all getting as pissed off about me being in Inanity Mode as I am...

So I'll leave you good folks in P&Q for a while.

I'm going to go and get something to eat and then watch TV - the TV book says there's a documentary about the Queen of Sheba's Palace in a little while which I'd like to see.

I quite like that harkeololology stuff, because I'm such an antique myself, and because I'm always impressed by people who are clevererer than me (almost everyone except next door's dog who is very st00pid) but also because - if I've got this right - the QoS used to live not far from That Abroad Place that I go to from time to time...

And, as any fule kno, That Abroad Place is where my would-be LDR lives, so it gives me a legitimate reason to day dream (evening dream?) about what is and what could never be (whatever did happen to Fred Zeppelin)...

Or something.

Nighty night GC-ers.

/today, Oi 'ave mostly been listening to Kylie, Aphex Twin and Joni Mitchell...

And it's just about 7pm, in proper London English time, btw.

Thank you and goodnight

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2004 11:12      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, since we all must know your daily schedule [Roll Eyes]

g'night hey-U

Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted April 17, 2004 14:17      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet dreams, Hey-U. [Smile]
Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2004 11:58      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:

I quite like that harkeololology stuff, because I'm such an antique myself, and because I'm always impressed by people who are clevererer than me (almost everyone except next door's dog who is very st00pid)

you really should get a job in a museum. i bet the natural history museum or british museum would love to have you working for them. at the very worst you would blend in with the exhibits.

(i'm serious about the job thing, it would be something to fire you up. at the moment you're like a big fat spliff, that is lying around - you need sparking up!)

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2004 12:01      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grins
*lights spliff
*falls over

cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2004 14:58      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how's the non-smoking going?

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2004 23:34      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:

I think I know what you're driving at, with that there bland question and matching innocent look on your face! The answer is - I haven't seen any weed for months, and even if I had it would have been "imbibed" without the aid of tobacco!

So it's fair - and true - to say that I've now been over 4 months without smoking (December 13th)...

Came *that* close (gestures) last week, though - but still managed to do without.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2004 23:45      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Random thoughts of a dragon:
"Hmm, a new post from hey-U - what's he doing posting at this hour? Oh wait, it's...numbers roll around in head...around 0740 there....right..."

The thoughts turn to "What am I doing posting at this hour?" [Wink]

With that said, I'm going to sleep...after I finally got a pesky Perl problem licked.

And hey-U - magnificent valour w.r.t. the non-smoking [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2004 05:42      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:

Good luck, Hey-U. Me, I tried the non-smoking thing, but it sucked. Then lent came along so I gave up non smoking - and life's been great ever since! I used to hate the smell of soap on my hands in the morning, and that horrible lemony freshness cloud that hung over my clothes - eecchhh! I know it sounds hard, but giving up not smoking can be done - I'm living proof. It can be very trying at first, I know - there's that period of pre-purchase anxiety, the sweaty exchange between you and the 24-hour gas station attendent at three in the morning - then, with the first one between your fingers you have to really push yourself against the powerful squall of guilt and dread that fills your head like old soup. But, if you overcome this obstacle, you have made it to the promise land of Nicotopia.

Remember: all interesting people smoke. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2004 05:45      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/mutters

don't want a cig
don't want a cig
don't want a cig...

/thinks of other things

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2004 05:50      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, seriously, dude - well done. You've done the hard part, kicking a very powerful, mind-altering drug (which really should be illegal - and would be, if it wasn't for the massive tax revenue it represents).

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2004 07:20      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spungo, I could always tell when you were trying to quit smoking, 'cause your posts were so damned cranky!(Especially the Monday morning ones)

Ahh...those were the days

Hey-U: I am so proud of you-fantastic job, my friend.**blows a kiss**

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 19, 2004 08:23      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, congrats hey-u *claps*. Having never smoked, I don't know what its like giving up (though not drinking coffee during December was hell [Frown] ), but I've been told its terrible. So well done!
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture