homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » CHEER ME UP! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CHEER ME UP!
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 10:11      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:

Cheezi - is there an overwhelming need to learn Hungarian? I tried and gave up. I also divorced the Hungarian (see my comment to Stereo), so the point was moot. [Wink]

that's a pretty extreme method to get out of learning hungarian!

i just love the weirdness of the language, and think that it actually sounds cool to listen to. oh, and i love hungarian folk music

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 10:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* I just got sidetracked from my very short list of large, high-priority items to recover some stupid kid's floppy disk.

"Well, I see you were working on it from 3 AM to 5 AM - did you save it at any time during this period?"
"No."
"Did you print it, or e-mail it to yourself, or back it up in any other way?"
"No."

I can see something almost like a fingerprint on the cookie. Argh! The *one* file he needs is so corrupt that it crashes Word when I try to access the recovered fragment I found. Now I'm running ScanDisk.

BTW, let me take this moment to thank you, ct, for your point awhile back about R-Tools/R-Studio [Smile] . That's one good piece of software!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 10:24      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That sounds a lot like my parents....
It sounds a lot like mine too. I heard a zillion time "I didn't have you to just sit around. As a kid you are here for slave labor. Now get to work." Of course it was said in good fun and usually it got me to finish whatever chore was at hand. The scary part was recently hearing myself say that to my kids.....

Egads! I'm turning into my parents. HELP! [Big Grin]

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted April 14, 2004 12:21      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greygirl, you are wise beyond your years. I, however, have always suffered from terminal immaturity, hence my distress at what seems to be an upcoming "second midlife crisis"!!! This I will endeavor to avoid at all costs!

My kids DO help, and my wife does her part. I will not complain about my wife, it's just rude and disrespectful. I will say, that the "family dreams and goals" are about 5% mine. My personal goals and dreams, unfortunately, I have abandoned. Maybe I am trying too hard to make everyone happy, or overcompensating for many hard financial years now that we are OK.

I DO like the idea of making them watch "The Shining" !!!!! ROFL!!! All the time they are watching, I will be staring intently into their eyes!!!

Greygirl, how have you become so wise and calming! Your reponses are soothing and logical. I just have to "make it so" so to speak.

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:39      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arlo, I'm probably older than you think. I won't give my actual age, but put it this way... I'm old enough to have a son in HS (and before anyone asks, he doesn't post here. This is Mommy's playground). However, I've always been terminally mature. Got to fix that, somehow.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture