homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » A little test...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little test...
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 10 posted March 23, 2004 21:10      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I noticed how almost every post...err... EVERY post on GC starts out about something rather unimportant(example: talking about their girlfriend dumping them and stealing their Steely Dan tape from the back of the refrigerator along with their authentic railgun) and ending up talking about something very important(example: MTB Babe's ineffably illusive arse). I thought, maybe if we started a post about MTB Babe's arse, it would pan out talking about someone's girlfriend stealing their Steely Dan tape... here goes...

So MTB Babe, where is that picture, eh? Don't give me any excuses, I'm not in the excuses buisness... [Mad] [crazy] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ComradeBri
Geek Larva
Member # 788

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 21:57      Profile for ComradeBri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see that arse picture as well. Show me yours and I'll show you mine. Heh.

--------------------
Every jumbled pile of a person has a part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of - T.M.B.G.

Posts: 26 | From: Oxford, NJ, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 22:23      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching 'The Patriot' the other night, and there's a scene where the British 'bad guy' is about to hang 18 of the American 'good guys'. Gibson says "you can't do that, it's against the rules of war" and the bad guy says

"I see no prisoners of war, just some criminals under sentence of death"

Remind you of anyone?

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 22:51      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've often wondered about the expression 'about as easy as nailing jelly (jello) to the cieling' and whether anyone here had tried to find out just how easy it actually is?
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 01:31      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you nail jell-o or jelly to a ceiling? Does it clean the ceiling? Does it give it spoooooky powers? Does it raise the property value of your home? Would you smear the jelly/o to the ceiling first and then start hammering it? Does it taste better after its been on the ceiling? Does it have less calories than regular jelly/o? Hmmm????

--Hmmm???, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 01:58      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone seen my Steely Dan tape? I was sure I'd left it in the back of the refrigerator...
Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 02:31      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND WHERE'S MY RAILGUN!?!

P.S. Sam Barros is a thieving P.O.S.

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 24, 2004 02:54      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"infamy infamy (it's funny when I say it) they've all got it arrrrrrgghh!"

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 13:11      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
I've often wondered about the expression 'about as easy as nailing jelly (jello) to the cieling' and whether anyone here had tried to find out just how easy it actually is?

If you put the jello in a baggie first, it probably wouldn't be so hard.

If you want to be all traditional and have just some jello and nails, it is probably more difficult.

I think if you experiment with the consistency and preparation of the jello, you could probably get it into a nailable form. I would start by using less water, and then maybe attempting to dry it out even more. I wonder if you can make jello jerky? That would basically be a fruit roll-up, right?

And it would definitely be easier to nail a fruit roll-up to a ceiling. As long as you had something to stand on while you were doing it. Though, I guess with a nail gun, you might be able to do it from a distance.

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 13:44      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SupportGoddess:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

If you want to be all traditional and have just some jello and nails, it is probably more difficult.

I think if you experiment with the consistency and preparation of the jello, you could probably get it into a nailable form. I would start by using less water, and then maybe attempting to dry it out even more. I wonder if you can make jello jerky? That would basically be a fruit roll-up, right?

And it would definitely be easier to nail a fruit roll-up to a ceiling. As long as you had something to stand on while you were doing it. Though, I guess with a nail gun, you might be able to do it from a distance.

I think the Jello has to stay in as near normal state as possible... I'm just trying to imagine the fun I could have with a bucket of the stuff and a nail gun. Fantastic!! providing of course that the room was easy to clean afterwards, probably best that there isn't a carpet etc.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 15:24      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life?
Don't talk to me about life.

That is all.
Thank you and goodnight.

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 21:26      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to think that MTB babe is all talk.

I also think that jello would melt after awhile.

Sam Barros is a jerk. (mine's bigger [Wink] )

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 10:54      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Cyclops:

And?...
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2004 10:24      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that would be nailing bags of jello to the ceiling... Unless your nailing through the bag, through the jello and into the ceiling...

A little.... hmmmm...

I think if you experiment with the consistency and preparation of the jello, you could probably get it into a nailable form. I would start by using less water, and then maybe attempting to dry it out even more.
What about freexing it... I know that you'd have to melt the nail holes or it might shatter... and there is no telling what it will do when it thaws....

I wonder if you can make jello jerky? That would basically be a fruit roll-up, right?
I suppise that a fruit roll-up would be the closest thing, yes... that is if you could make jello jerky. *thinks* It might just turn back into powder....

is that a new sport: Distance Ninja Jello Nailing?

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2004 11:36      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Cyclops:

Jello melts??? [Confused] [Confused]
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2004 12:26      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Jello melts??? [Confused] [Confused]

jello seems to flow more than melt, and as such is a good analogy for crustal processes like mountain building and rifting. it also happens much quicker, and you can eat it when you've finished, unlike a rock [Smile]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
XnavxeMiyyep
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2004 19:09      Profile for XnavxeMiyyep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:

I think if you experiment with the consistency and preparation of the jello, you could probably get it into a nailable form. I would start by using less water, and then maybe attempting to dry it out even more.
What about freexing it... I know that you'd have to melt the nail holes or it might shatter... and there is no telling what it will do when it thaws....

You could always freeze the jello with long nails already inside of it, then hammer the huge mass into the celing.
Posts: 34 | From: MA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 00:47      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we're on the subject, has anyone here had experience with Rack Release quick-release rack mount screws? They seem to be a really good idea, so simple, but not so cheap - but so effective.

Anyways; experience in mounting, unmounting by oneself, purchasing as opposed to normal rackmount screws, and general quality of the product?

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 30, 2004 01:11      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't the blow from the nail cause frozen Jell-o to break apart? Just curious, not that I have the time or the energy to try this out.

Maybe the "T" in MTB stands for "Talk"? [Razz]
(Don't take offense, just a joke, eh?)

--Yeah-uh!, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture