homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » 6th graders are so stupid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6th graders are so stupid
Get Up Kid
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 17:47      Profile for Get Up Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offense to any of you cool sixth graders out there (or if you are one) but I've ran into some bad vibes with them this week.
It all started like this.

At a dance, my friend Lisa (a fellow geek) and I saw this fat 6th grader Felicia dancing and we started to immitate her while we were sitting down. The music was so loud, that she saw us and screamed out some profanity! So then 3 days after said dance, I met her in the 6th grade hall way and she said to her friend "It's that geek girl!" Her and her friend started laughing. Then I said "Hey! It's that fat girl who can't dance worth s---!"

Anyways, bottom line is. I'm proud to be a geek.
Thanks for listening.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
I believe in medication and I believe in therapy. I believe in Crystal Light cuz I believe in me! Yeah!

Posts: 1 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 17:58      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, how old are you (roughly, anyway, since you obviously haven't stated as much on your website)? I don't think you'll find many 6th graders around here. Most of us are a good deal older than 12...although some of us might not behave like it at times [Wink] . And by "a good deal older," I mean that I'm still a bit on the younger side with my 22-year-old self (though I'm not as young as the large influx of English high school kids we seem to have picked up lately [Wink] ) [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 20:16      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, points off from her for swearing, and points off from you for mocking her in the first place. Middle school is hellacious enough without you girls sniping at each other.

/former junior high outcast

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 22:52      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... vicious thing it is, that jr. high. Glad I am still young but old enough to get out of those situations.(21 for those who don't know/remember/care) Ahhh and soon to leave academia behind till I start working on my masters (Or straight to doc. if I can get my cards lined up right) Well peace out. Back into lurker mode.

Ohh and by the way dancing in your seat is not cool and it's surely not cool to mock people either. She defiantly had a right to be upset.

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted February 29, 2004 00:46      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I hated junior high. I got teased for being different and when I tried to go with the trendy flow, I was ridiculed for trying to be like everyone else. Grr! You can't win! [Mad]
I was (and still am) a band geek and these two girls liked to steal my clarenet during my last period and hide it in the trash can, dumpster, bushes, boys bathroom... [weep] Happy about that now though because I teach piano/music writing lessons on the side for cash. Geeky Rules!
Oh, and I always went to junior high dances with my best friend. I was (and still am) the "fat friend" compared to my 97 pound best friend. (I kid you not, she is skinny!)
Either way, junior high is a place to make enemies for life, so make sure you nip this in the bud. (Example: enemy in junior high made my life hell in high school. Capice?)

--On the Edge, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 01:04      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mock her, and then have problem with her swearing at you. It's a dance -- it's for fun... Are you telling me that you care what others think when sitting back having a good time? Don't dish it out, unless you can take it... Better yet, don't dish it out.
Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 29, 2004 03:17      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
English high school kids
I was here waaay before any of the other ones... Hmph...

[Big Grin]

Love from the tin, Spooners [Wink]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture