homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I'm Sweden-bound!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm Sweden-bound!!
Beth
Mini Geek
Member # 2512

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 16, 2004 19:31      Profile for Beth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I finally bought my plane ticket. I'm going to Sweden!! [Big Grin] The day right after my last final (April 22) I will fly from Winnipeg to Toronto, to Frankfurt, and finally to Stockholm!

Why Sweden? I have a friend there, we met online 7.5 years ago. Hundreds.. no, thousands of e-mails, letters, chat sessions and phone calls later, I figured I should just bite the proverbial bullet. So off I go! Finally! Well, first I have to finish half a semester and a series of exams. Meh, piece of cake! [Wink]

I also successfully appealed an incredibly unreasonable parking ticket. Ha! What a day!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'...cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

Posts: 88 | From: Winterpeg, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2004 22:50      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me his name isn't Maswan.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 16, 2004 23:07      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is so cool Beth... keep us posted :-)

hmmm, funny how she mentions cake, considering maswan is the Official GeekCulture Baker, and is renown throughout the solar system for his magnificent cakes. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2004 04:23      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo. Congratulations. Take lots of pictures for us. =)
Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2004 04:26      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no knowledge of this visit.

Now, if someone would like to come up and visit me, that's fine too. But I would suggest talking to me first so I won't be on vacation or so when a guest from far away shows up.

/Mattias Wadenstein

Posts: 71 | From: Umeå, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 17, 2004 06:19      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at me, I'm SVEDISH! </Dr. Brain>

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2004 09:13      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maswan:
I have no knowledge of this visit.

Now, if someone would like to come up and visit me, that's fine too. But I would suggest talking to me first so I won't be on vacation or so when a guest from far away shows up.

Maswan takes vacations? [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beth
Mini Geek
Member # 2512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2004 19:59      Profile for Beth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Look at me, I'm SVEDISH! </Dr. Brain>

My dad keeps phoning me to sing the Swedish Chef song from the Muppets. "Börk börk börk, spaghetti!!" It seems to get funnier every time... to him, anyway. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'...cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

Posts: 88 | From: Winterpeg, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2004 19:02      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I do take vacations. This summer I was in Scotland, remember?

Also, it is "Bork, bork, bork" not "Börk, börk, börk". Different vowel sound.

/Mattias Wadenstein

Posts: 71 | From: Umeå, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2004 19:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maswan:
Yes, I do take vacations. This summer I was in Scotland, remember?

Ah yes. Now that you mention it.

Just trying to up your post count. Don't mind me. [Smile]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ph34r teh fluf1bun1
Geek
Member # 2245

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 19, 2004 05:08      Profile for ph34r teh fluf1bun1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
w00T!! [Big Grin] A visit to this faraway and lovely land...

I hope that you'll enjoy yourself and eat lots of ice cream!! [hearts]

--------------------
"Professional software should have dancing pigs in pink tutus"

Posts: 241 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Martin Björnström
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2004 10:19      Profile for Martin Björnström   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - I'm Swedish! Where in Sweden are you going, do you know? I can tell you that spring is coming and all the snow will be gone when you get here.

Sweden is quite nice in the summer actually. It's 7.45 PM now - time to get some dinner...later...

--------------------
http://www.99mac.se/

Posts: 2 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin Björnström
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2004 10:21      Profile for Martin Björnström   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i forgot one little tidbit:

I had a friend over from NY who had never been to Europe before. He wanted to hang out at the beach ALL THE TIME and I started wondering why - he told me that he had never seen a woman topless before and now he found 5000 of them on one beach. For free! [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.99mac.se/

Posts: 2 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2004 15:50      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Björnström:
i forgot one little tidbit:

I had a friend over from NY who had never been to Europe before. He wanted to hang out at the beach ALL THE TIME and I started wondering why - he told me that he had never seen a woman topless before and now he found 5000 of them on one beach. For free! [Big Grin]

I take it he didn't have an Internet connection, then? [Big Grin]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture