homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Xanthine's 3000th post party (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Xanthine's 3000th post party
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2004 20:41      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No longer anticipatory whilst just shy of 3K, this greeting is now in full effect [Big Grin] :
Congratulations, Xanthine!
3000 posts in nearly 3 years - that's a respectable rate, and it shows that they actually held some meaning [Big Grin] (not just 'lol' [Wink] ).

I've enjoyed your posts since the first ones I read, and have always looked forward to seeing your views on a matter, even if in an odd case, I were to disagree with them - they are always well thought out, with intelligence peeking out behind them. Admittedly, I might be the slightest bit biased in my partiality towards your posts, but that doesn't boether me [hearts] .

Here's to 3000 more! Or really, just another 1000, or maybe 1096, if I'm to hold to my geek roots (think sum, not single number) [Big Grin]

/me kisses Xanthine under the little GC twinkly stars...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2004 20:46      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Xanthie.

PS Is dman getting mushier everyday??

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 20, 2004 21:01      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo hoo! *does cartwheel* Paaar-tay!!! [Big Grin] All right I've got the cake and the chips. Cap'n, you brought the beer, right? *turns up the music* Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about.

So what were we celebrating again? [Wink]

Seriously, congratulations Xanthine. [thumbsup] That's quite an accomplishment. Enjoy the broiled portabellos, they're quite tasty.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2004 21:17      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Well done Xanthie.

Yes, well done, that's a mighty achievement for meaningful posts like the ones you do. Party time !

quote:
PS Is dman getting mushier everyday??
Yeah, I think so. I'll have to threaten to get out the vomit icons again, except he probably won't see them in his text based browser [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2004 21:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#3000!

Wow, for me? Awww... [blush] Thanks. Did I not tell you he's a nice dragon? [hearts]

This has truly left me floored. Just look at this. You guys all talking about meaningful posts and me jabbering like a fool. [Razz]

Well Vic, as the dragon himself said, give an ice dragon hot coffee and mush will follow, and I gave him a nice bag of Highlands Blend last time I saw him.

/me helps self to mushrooms
Mmmm! Good
/me stuffs face
[Big Grin]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 20, 2004 21:48      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dancing SuperFans emerge from Stage Left... singing...

"oh missure, hit the lights, this is it, the night of nights!
No more rehearsing and missing the part, we know every part by heart!" [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2004 23:02      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo !

Congratulations.

good party !

/me puts on party hat, drinks too much, dances on table, lunges at a woman, gets face slapped, and spends the rest of the night in the corner, nursing a beer, eating chips and muttering about how the young people t'day don't know how to throw a party like we did in the old days...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2004 23:09      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow 3,000 posts. Congrats! Wonder if I'll ever make it to 3K... seems a loooong way off. Maybe if I'm still posting here when I graduate.

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 00:27      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care how many posts you have made - you are still just marvelous whether you've made 300 or 3,000,000.

Go girl!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 02:25      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
dancing SuperFans emerge from Stage Left... singing...

"oh missure, hit the lights, this is it, the night of nights!
No more rehearsing and missing the part, we know every part by heart!" [Big Grin]

I thought it was " Overture, hits the lights, this is it, the night of nights! No more rehearsing and nursing a part, we know every part by heart!"

Oh yes, congrats Xanthine!

This message was brought to you by Snaggy's official useless trivia checker, GMx.

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 06:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I don't care how many posts you have made - you are still just marvelous whether you've made 300 or 3,000,000.

[Eek!]
If I stay at this rate I'm not sure I'll live long enough to reach 3,000,000. That's a bit under 3,000 years!! Yikes! [Razz]

Sigh, it seems like only yesterday I was ass-laminated. I kinda miss that "rank". Blabbermouth just doesn't have the same ring. [Smile]

It's been great hanging with y'all!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 10:06      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
/me puts on party hat, drinks too much, dances on table, lunges at a woman, gets face slapped, and spends the rest of the night in the corner, nursing a beer, eating chips and muttering about how the young people t'day don't know how to throw a party like we did in the old days...

So is that what a typical Saturday night in Melbourne is like? [Wink]

Congrats Xanthine! Indeed, 3000 mostly-insightful posts! [Big Grin] I'd pass around the cosmic bong in celebration, but I thought that hey-U had it last, but last I'd heard, he hasn't seen it, and so we don't know where it's at. [crazy]

Oh well. In related news, I'm slowly creeping toward my 1024th post! [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 10:31      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo Hoo! YAY!

Congratulations!

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 21, 2004 12:31      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*pokes head in cautiously*
*steps in cautiously*

Hrm, yes, well done, that. I'm still waay down on the post count, but posting would help that, no?

*jumps out door to avoid inevitable barrage of empty champaign bottles*

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 16:02      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! [Razz]

Oz, I am flattered you decided to de-lurk for me. I feel so loved. [Smile]

--------------------
- The Decemberists

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 21, 2004 16:24      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!

3000 posts, and hardly any "me too" posts!!

Pretty impressive [Smile]
Congrats Xanthine!

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 21, 2004 21:27      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also decided to come out of lurker mode for this momentouse occasion. Looks like I still can't spell and you still post like a crazy person. Good Job.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 21:45      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FatGnome:
Looks like I still can't spell and you still post like a crazy person. Good Job.

What exactly does that mean? It sounds like you might be talking about the rate with which she posts, but it looks a whole lot more like you're talking about her personality, and that seems to be a bit of an odd comment to make.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 22:44      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy there dman. You'll scare off the other lurkers. [Big Grin]

I'm not crazy. It's the rest of you that are whacked. [evil] [Razz] [Big Grin]

I post in fits in starts mostly, though I do havea background level. Unless I'm in the mountains, in which case the labrat ceases her squeaking.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 22:46      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!]

wow congrats!

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 22, 2004 04:06      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<Old fogie mode>
3000+ posts, not bad [Wink] . Why I cam remember when Xanthine was a young newbie in here. Had to teach her everything, show her how to avoid the Trolls. Now, why, she is all grown up, snif, brings a tear to the eye. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]
</Old fogie mode>

Talk about being left behind.

(Be happy if he makes 2000, let alone 3000)

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 22, 2004 11:54      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I want is to be a 2001: A Blabbermouth Odyssey one day... [Razz]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ricegirl
Mini Geek
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2004 12:36      Profile for Ricegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL DONE!! By biggest congratulations I just hope to achieve the same as you one day [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pride can break a man right down from iron, twist him round and tatter up a soul.

Posts: 84 | From: U.K | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2004 15:22      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
<Old fogie mode>
3000+ posts, not bad [Wink] . Why I cam remember when Xanthine was a young newbie in here. Had to teach her everything, show her how to avoid the Trolls. Now, why, she is all grown up, snif, brings a tear to the eye. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]
</Old fogie mode>

[blush]

I can remember being a newbie too. We didn't have all these graemlins, and no avatars either - those snuck in when I was off climbing something. [Smile] I lurked for about a year before registering.

If only I'd known... [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
- The Decemberists

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2004 23:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A comment on another thread led me to go searching for this archaeological treasure . [Wink]

Congratulations Xanthine, may all your stars be sparkly.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture