homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Nitro and Snaggy live in San Fran with DigitalBill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nitro and Snaggy live in San Fran with DigitalBill
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 11, 2004 19:40      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so this was beyond super cool!

I'm on iChat, and DigitalBill logs on and messages me from San Fransico airport. He has bought some WiFi time while waiting for his plane home. Neat.

So I ask him if he has his iSight, he does, and a minute later he is streaming live video from the San Francisco airport!

DBTV is on the air!

So I call Nitro down to my geekosphere and we're enjoying DBTV, and DB is talking to his laptop and getting some weird looks from people at the terminal. [Eek!]

Then DigitalBill starts taking us around, and we're chatting with the curious people in the San Fran Airport....

"Hi! we're from Canada!!

There was a cute elderly Asian couple, a Windoze dude who was like a deer in the headlights, and a few other Mac people around. We even talked to DigitalBill's pilot!

Very very fun, very very cool. Thanks DB!

[thumbsup]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 00:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

"Hi! we're from Canada!!

<deep-south accent>
really?
y'all speak english pretty good
</deep-south accent>

Well, Mrs Druid and I got that several times when we told people we were from Australia.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 00:50      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, heh! Very cool indeed!

Had a sort of Letterman-esque, "May we see your photos please?" kinda surreal quality to it, yes?

Glad you thought of it... I sure had fun!

And it would have been even super-cooler if you had a cam hooked up!

=DB

(The pilot said to let you know I got here OK... [Wink] )

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 04:55      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume you didn't record it? [Frown]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 12, 2004 06:23      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! But DB, the next time you're in SFO and you have a lot of time between flights, head on over to the United terminal. They have free WiFi over there (which I used to check my email and blog while flying back from Christmas vacation - nothing as exciting as iSight, I'm afraid).
Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 07:57      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The world gets smaller and smaller [Smile] Very cool!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 10:16      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalBill:
Heh, heh! Very cool indeed!

Had a sort of Letterman-esque, "May we see your photos please?" kinda surreal quality to it, yes?

Glad you thought of it... I sure had fun!

And it would have been even super-cooler if you had a cam hooked up!

=DB

(The pilot said to let you know I got here OK... [Wink] )

You know what? I was just thinking - very interesting that no TSA guy came over and unplugged your camera, from their point of view, you are possibly doccumenting the entire terminal for a terrorist strike, if they are dumb enough to do some of the things I've heard on /., it seems like a wonder you made it through [Smile]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 12, 2004 11:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, DB just informed me that he saw the pilot again after the flight...

"I saw him on the way out, and he said "make sure to tell your canadian friends I got you here ok""

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 12, 2004 18:21      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too cool!!!

I have got to get one of those iSights!

Of course, then you would all find out that I am really just a large suit-wearing Tele-tubby...

So, um. Nevermind!

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 18:24      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
Of course, then you would all find out that I am really just a large suit-wearing Tele-tubby...

-WS

Eh-Oh!

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture