homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Coffee, dammit, where's the coffee?! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Coffee, dammit, where's the coffee?!
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 15:01      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me has had that one too!

HOT LAVA JAVA

<marketing blurb>

"Over the years I have met many people who, for one reason or another, have decided that they prefer to drink decaffeinated coffee. Occasionally, however, someone will ask for a seriously powerful, great tasting coffee with plenty of caffeine.

As I knew of no one single coffee like that, I set about working on a blend that would give all of these characteristics ... and Hot Lava Java was born. By dark roasting the chocolaty, rich arabica from Java along with some of Africa’s best caffeine-rich robusta beans, we created a blend that is intensely strong and has a high caffeine kick."

For more information, visit www.dr-java.co.uk

</marketing blurb>

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 18:38      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman: yep, it's called Mix. Bit chilly to stop in today though - hasn't even gotten out of the 20s. About froze my hands off taking down Xmas lights. Damn cold air from Canada! And you were saying about temperate weather? [Razz]

The little shacks dman refers to abound in this city. They sit out in parking lots, with drive-up windows. I have no idea what their names are. There's one called the Human Bean in Central Point, OR though. We've also got plenty of little espersso stands in random corners of stores and in random places downtown as well (the nearest one to me is on the community college campus). I pity the fools who work there on days like these. The plethora of coffee stands has led to the annual "Who's the sexiest barista?" contest in one of our local alternative newspapers each year.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture