homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Breaking Bad time!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breaking Bad time!
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2013 00:13      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARNING! WARNING WARNING! IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENT ON YOUR BREAKING BAD, THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Hello! Hello! Hello! I have been gone fighting my cancer. I am back watching my favorite evil cancer patient, Walter White.

The final episode is near, so now is the time to share your thoughts! What will happen? Do you see hidden meanings and allusions? Sometimes I think so!

Here are my odd thoughts:

I don't think Elliot and Gretchen Schwartz, the Gray Matter former partners, showed up for just a cameo in this last episode. What do you think?

Do you think the Schwartz's are Chekov's gun?

Are the Schwartz's, the dark half of Gray Matter, while Walter is the "white half, really dark and evil? I think so! In Jesse Pinkman terms, I think Gretchen is one mean "Beeee-Yotch!"

Walter's alter-ego, Heisenberg, appears like a reference to Werner Heisenberg and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. Does the principle describe Walter's inner struggles, or is it a bigger reference to the relationship between Walter and his former Gray Matter Partners? I think the later may be possible!

Does Gretchen's character have Faustian meanings? Is her father the devil?

Were

In a show where color has had significant meaning, did you notice that in the TV interview both the Schwartz's had yellow bellies? Elliot had a yellow tie and Gretchen had a yellow blouse under her jacket.

Will Jessie die or go free?

What happens to Opie-eyed Todd?

The Nazi's get blowed up, don't you think?

Does the disappear guy disappear Skyler, Walter Jr. and Holly, and give them the $10-million? Remember when Walter asked the disappear guy if he'd give Skyler the money, he did not say, "No." He only asked, "Would you believe me if I said, 'Yes?'"

Well, I would say it is now or never! What do you think?

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2013 03:16      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#################### anti-spoiler-barrier ########################################################
#########################################################################################################

Looked to me like Walt had given up the ghost after his phone conversation with Junior, and was about to turn himself in when he saw the TV show with...
1. Someone else making 'his' blue meth.
2. His former business partners denying him credit for his part in founding the company.

Walt's pride is his biggest weakness, so that really pissed him off.
So, is he gunning for the Nazis, or the Schwartz's, or both?

As for disappear guy, he's a man of honour, if he wanted to, he could have put a bullet in Walt (or just left him locked inside the propane container for a few weeks) and taken the money, so there's a fair chance he'd pass the $$$ on to Skyler, if the feds don't get to it first.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2013 15:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#################### anti-spoiler-barrier ########################################################
#########################################################################################################

I am so rooting for Walt! If people would just listen to him they would have been fine!!!! Arrrg, I'm so mad at Skylar and Walt Jr. (seriously, I am!)

But yeah, I know Walt will probably die. [weep]
I just hope they don't make Walt into a total monster, like poisoning Grey Matter products with ricin to destroy the company. I really want to see Walt and Jessie work together to defeat the Nazis and Todd, and Lydia. When those two fall out, it is a sad show indeed.

Will be sad if Jessie is the one to kill Walt. [weep] [weep]

Killing Jessie's girlfriend probably wiped out any hope of a "happy" ending. [Frown]

Will it end on a cliffhanger and go to a movie?

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2013 00:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I liked the idea they mentioned in one of the Talking Bad episodes, something goes horribly wrong in one of Jessies cooks, and we find out that Breaking Bad is a prequel to The Walking Dead.

I mean, really, have you looked at Skinny Pete?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2013 08:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How breaking bad is going to end

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 25, 2013 13:11      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This would work for me
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2013 14:13      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

I liked the idea they mentioned in one of the Talking Bad episodes, something goes horribly wrong in one of Jessies cooks, and we find out that Breaking Bad is a prequel to The Walking Dead.

I mean, really, have you looked at Skinny Pete?

Would that mean the Skankity Skank Skank comes back?

--------------------

Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2013 22:15      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

So, put your Geek hat on. As a graduate chemistry student, what is the worst thing your lab partner could do for you?

Steal your work, leave your name off publication and patent your idea?

I'm thinking that the process Walter uses to make his meth is the same one he developed as a grad student, and is the foundation of the Gray Matter fortune.

Any ex-girlfriend who parks her Bentley Continental next to your Pontiac Aztec deserves to die. And she will.

One more thing. The Sopranos ended with "Don't Stop Believing," Will Breaking bad end with "Crystal Blue Persuasion?" Just jokin'

Enjoy the show. Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2013 00:26      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No spoilers here, just an ad for Twinkies

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 30, 2013 04:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Near perfect ending, imho
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

except there was a huge storm as we were watching, and our power went off right as Walt enters Nazi compound! ARRRRRG!

Luckily it came back on 2.5 hours later, so we could catch the second showing of it.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2013 09:26      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
###################### Anti-spoiler hazmat suit ###################################################
###################### Anti-spoiler hazmat suit ###################################################

Good ending, and Gilligan even managed to fit a bit of humour in there to lighten things up (I loved the bit with the 2 elite hitmen).
A fitting end for a great show.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture