homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » A lesson for all ladies (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A lesson for all ladies
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 16:19      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies, here is some jolly good advice you should all heed. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 16:50      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...and somehow I think a certain meme is fulfilled by this:
http://snipurl.com/5c873 [NeSFW*]

[Razz]

*e=entirely

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 17:39      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blasphemy!

e=2.71828182845904523536...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 19:07      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I act just like the woman at the table! I only speak when spoken too, and keep my opinions to myself!!!

Does anyone believe the B.S. that is coming out of my mouth?

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 03:49      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Geekygoddess wrote: Does anyone believe the B.S. that is coming out of my mouth?
No!

That is all. [Razz]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 04:53      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whilst the film Spungo linked to is a very good sketch by Whitehouse & Enfield, you may want to peruse the real thing.... [Wink]

Film clip linky.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 05:53      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I act just like the woman at the table! I only speak when spoken too, and keep my opinions to myself!!!
Hear Hear! Us ladies need to know when to speak and when to keep it shut. The other day I was giving PowerPoint presentation in my class and was brow beaten by all the men for knowing how to turn the computer on. Oops! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 05:54      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
quote:
Hear Hear! Us ladies need to know when to speak and when to keep it shut. The other day I was giving PowerPoint presentation in my class and was brow beaten by all the men for knowing how to turn the computer on. Oops! [Big Grin]
Welcome back, lady! We all missed ya! How have ya bin? [Smile]

--------------------

MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 06:03      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!! Oh, I'm fine. Just went through a coupla life changes here and there, and now that everything's settled down for the foreseeable future, I've returned [Razz] I'm in grad school now YIPEE!!
How have you been?

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 06:06      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks!! Oh, I'm fine. Just went through a coupla life changes here and there, and now that everything's settled down for the foreseeable future, I've returned [Razz] I'm in grad school now YIPEE!!
How have you been?

Grad school? Woo-hoo! (*Sigh* -- I remember grad school... so much beer, so little time... ) What are ye studying? Like yer sig -- by the way, did you get the memo on those TPS reports? [Wink]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 06:29      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MTB!
Good to see you back.

quote:
The other day I was giving PowerPoint presentation in my class and was brow beaten by all the men for knowing how to turn the computer on. Oops! [Big Grin]

Was it, perchance, anything like this ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 06:44      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTB Babe!

How lovely to have you back! You were having such a really horrible time when you were last here, so I do hope you are well and happy now!

It's just great to have you back. [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 07:15      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the long post...

quote:
How lovely to have you back! You were having such a really horrible time when you were last here, so I do hope you are well and happy now!
It's just great to have you back. [Smile]

Wow! I feel so loved! It's really nice of you to remember how much trouble I was having back then. But my direction in life has completely changed now, and I've become a completely different person. I did some soul-searching in Japan, a close friend committed suicide, I busted my arse to get into grad school. All of that stuff has affected me a great deal, I assure you. I feel like Picard probably did after he was absorbed by the borg and returned to humanity.

quote:
Was it, perchance, anything like this ?
Yes, Druid, exactly! Well, at least I'm sure that's how it was perceived by all the guys! [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 10:12      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap! It's MTBabe!

Dude, I've been wondering what happened to you since Katrina killed New Orleans!

TFD: I've seen a few talks like that.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 12, 2008 18:15      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I escaped Louisiana just in time! In in Pennsylvania now. Take that, storm!

So...do all talks like that center on chickens? What about roosters (so as not to be gender biased)?

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 18:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not gender bias. Male chickens are roosters. Females chickens are hens. And not all talks like that center on chickens. Some center on fruit flies or nematodes.

I'm glad you got out in time!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 20:40      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Like yer sig -- by the way, did you get the memo on those TPS reports? [Wink]

Actually, I work with a guy named Micheal Bolton.

Apparently he misses the days when there was only *one* famous Bolton. Now he has to put up with both.

Mostly from me [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 20:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:

I used to work with a Dave Lister.
He hated Red Dwarf.

I used to tell him to be grateful his name wasn't Arnold Rimmer.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 05:55      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's not gender bias. Male chickens are roosters. Females chickens are hens. And not all talks like that center on chickens. Some center on fruit flies or nematodes.
Oh, geez, I know nothing about yon farm animals. Nor fruit flies nor nematodes. Maybe I should attend some of these talks myself?

--------------------

MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 05:56      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

That poor, poor guy. I can't even imagine what he's had to put up with... [Happytears]

--------------------

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 06:08      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I don't know if this is connected, but while stalking, no I mean snooping around, um no checking out your web site, I see that the "Teaching with Technology" section is a 404 page. hmmmm... [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 07:51      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...my direction in life has completely changed now, and I've become a completely different person. I did some soul-searching in Japan...

Great to see you back round these parts, MTB Babe [Smile] I was just looking at some of your photos of your time in Japan via your website - did you stay in Sendai?? The photos brought back loads of memories of my time on an exchange with a host family there! They took me to Matsushima and other places nearby and it was a fantastic experience ...

/me wallows in nostalagia

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 13, 2008 14:00      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's AMAZING!! You were in Sendai too! [Applause] How long did you stay? Other than the racism here and there, I absolutely loved it. Did you ever ride on the tourist boats in Matsushima? The ones shaped like animals?

--------------------

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 19:46      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I used to tell him to be grateful his name wasn't Arnold Rimmer.

Yes, Arnold is certainly a fantasticGit

Gads, I love that show though. [thumbsup]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 02:37      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's AMAZING!! You were in Sendai too! [Applause] How long did you stay? Other than the racism here and there, I absolutely loved it. Did you ever ride on the tourist boats in Matsushima? The ones shaped like animals?

I was only there for a couple of weeks, unfortunately, and it was a good few years ago, now. But I absolutely loved it, too [Smile] The girl I was staying with was awesome - she and her friends just couldn't get enough of taking pictures of me making peace signs, and after school was done for the day she would always take me to the mall so we could sit in the for-display-only massage chairs in the home superstore and eat pancakes with ice-cream. Fun times [crazy]

Animal boats? What's this about animal boats? Never saw them, but it definitely sounds like I missed out [Happytears]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture