homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Music (not horrifying this time... promise)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Music (not horrifying this time... promise)
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2008 06:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been meaning to post about this group for a bit, but hadn't gotten around to it.

Some of you are familiar with PostSecret and may have seen the videos they posted a while back. The music in the second one caught my attention and I went looking for the band and found their website where you can listen to a few of their songs.

Some of their songs remind me of some of the early B-52's stuff. I'm particularly fond of "Backbeat" and "Na Na Na" but most of their songs are pretty decent (assuming you like the style).

At any rate, give them a try. Make with the clicking already.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2008 00:57      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few of their songs just made it into my collection! [thumbsup]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2008 01:21      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
neo! hello! long time no see around these parts... what are you up to these days?
Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2008 04:53      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skylar! Indeed. I've been a no-show for a long time. Lurked a few times, but never broke that sound barrier, so to speak.

I dunno about these days, it changes quite often. I work the weekend and I do my classwork early in the day.

The rest of my time is divided. I spend as much time as the people in my life will allow me trying to create new friendships, or improve my old ones I miss. The rest of my time is spent in my curiosity. I can feel those wrinkles formin, I tell you. My brain is itching for some learning

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture