homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Mario Kart Wii!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii!
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2008 09:57      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Bibo & I'm a Mario Kart Wii addict.

Is anyone else playing Mario Kart Wii?
I am using the Wii wheel to play and it is quite responsive. I'm also driving in automatic mode not manual. Add too many buttons and I just get confused. Back in my day we had a joystick & 1 button or just a knob to play a video game. You kids and your crazy multiple buttons thses days!

If you see Bibo while you're racing that's me. I'm usually racing as Wario.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2008 10:35      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play it when my wife isn't hogging it. I find the wheel contraption to be an idiotic travesty. I stick to the wiimote + nunchuck. Works well for me.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2008 15:40      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm all about the nunchuk too. The bots keep ganging up on me though, so I'm having trouble getting through the 150cc races.

I've also lost two pounds with wii fit.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2008 16:25      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also prefer the Remote + Nunchuk. I'm nearly done with the grand prix races (I have the 150cc special cup and the 150cc lightning cups left, and presumably all of mirror mode if that's in this game as well), so I'll probably try online play soon. I usually race as Yoshi.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2008 17:42      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is Spiderman, and I'm a Mario Kart Wii addict.

(waits while everyone greets him)

I've used both the wheel, and the nunchuck, and I'm not sure yet which I prefer.

Onlne play works amazigly well, and proves to be even more addicting.

I've started to experience withdrawal symptoms since I started this post, so I'm going to go play some more now [Wink]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2008 21:11      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
...I've also lost two pounds with wii fit.

Cool! I pre-ordered the Wii Fit, U.S. release is in about 2 weeks.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2008 00:34      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cool! I pre-ordered the Wii Fit, U.S. release is in about 2 weeks.
I thought the U.S. got everything before us Brits. I've been wanting Smash Bros Brawl for ages, having seen loads of good reviews, but it isn't out till June.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture