homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » No X-Files 2 Thread? For shame!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No X-Files 2 Thread? For shame!!!
CoffeeSmack
Mini Geek
Member # 3937

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 07, 2008 15:52      Profile for CoffeeSmack         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, there's a dancing Mulder 'n Scully on the main page under the Geek Culture coat-of-arms and yet, to date, there's no X-Files movie sequel thread on this board.

So, who else is as psyched as I am? Huh? Yeah! Stomp your feet! Make some noise!

Posts: 62 | From: Mount Joy, PA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 07, 2008 17:07      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha!

I'm not so psyched about the new movie since I thought the last movie was less than good.

That said, I may scream like a little girl seeing Scully again. [Razz]

Posts: 7816 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
CoffeeSmack
Mini Geek
Member # 3937

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2008 20:24      Profile for CoffeeSmack         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's weird because I don't think I've ever had a real conversation with anybody about the merits or failures of the first movie.

I had to take it with a grain of salt, knowing that they produced the first one with the intention of drawing more than just the series fan-base. I don't think they could have made a financially successful film counting on only X-Philes to see the movie. Make it too hard core with all the baggage of the previous, what, six seasons and half the audience would just be confused.

It looks like this time around there's a similar strategy by leaving out the aliens and making it a monster flick. And if they can capture some of the creepiness and tension that the better stand-alone episodes had, then I think they will have a good movie on their hands.

Apparently X-Files 2 is slated to go up against The Dark Knight opening weekend, and in my humble opinion, they don't stand a chance. But I'm sure there will be plenty of people who won't be able to see Batman because it will be sold-out and will see XF2 as an alternative.

I've seen what is supposed to be a leaked trailer. Billy Connolly is in it, and I have to say that guy cracks me up no matter what role he's in... Funny, though, the Mulder and Scully ingredient is not nearly played up as I expected it to be. I look forward to some new, official material to be released. For now, however, they seem to be keeping things under a pretty tight lid. We don't even know the other characters' names.

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2008 23:45      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that show, but now I watch the episodes and think I can't believe how bad the production quality is, compared to today.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3080 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2008 02:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________ Watch some early Dr. Who?

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5455 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2008 17:35      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Doctor Who rocks... always has... aside from lack of real funding, the stories were good... as for the current Series, great all round.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1127 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
CoffeeSmack
Mini Geek
Member # 3937

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2008 20:00      Profile for CoffeeSmack         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the most recent Dr. Who series began (I think it's referred to Dr. Who 2005?) I thought the molten plastic monster in the floor of the department store was downright hilarious looking. But I watched the next two episodes and the production value was quite impressive. The newest season should be starting soon, although I don't think even the British know exactly when. It was supposed to be as early as this weekend, but I haven't heard any announcements yet.
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 11:10      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctor Who has to be my all time favorite show. I was indoctrinated with Tom Baker and was hooked on it. I love the new seasons as they capture the essence of the old show with good stories while producing big budget effects. Personally I hope they do something about the regeneration problem. After all he's on his tenth life. Only three more to go unless they figure out a loophole.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 10:55      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could do another Time Crash wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey type thing - bring Peter Davison (or Eccleston or Tennant or a to-be-announced Doctor) back and have him regenerate, that might add a few more lives! [Wink]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 12:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or reverse the tachyon flow through the shield generators and generate an inverse pulse in the deflector array. (or have I got the wrong TV series?)

Actually, I'm hoping we learn where girl timelords come from, after 13 blokey incarnations, we get 13 girlie ones.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10448 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 14:15      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring back Romana! [Smile]
Posts: 5830 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 15:39      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rose is effectively a time lord... remember she consumed the heart of the TARDIS...... That is a spin you could take... remember "Nature finds a way"

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1127 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
CoffeeSmack
Mini Geek
Member # 3937

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 20:06      Profile for CoffeeSmack         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The local public television station used to place two or maybe three hours worth of Doctor Who at a time on Saturday afternoons. Tom Baker was the Doctor at the time. To a little kid that character, along with the Daleks, the Cybermen, and Davros made for a very interesting afternoon. Although I can't say I understood much of what was going on.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.