homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » The Kite Runner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Kite Runner
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 01, 2008 17:16      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you get a chance, watch this movie, I really liked it. Very sad and poignant, and will keep you on the edge of your seat too.

I hadn't heard of the book until a week ago, when The Globe & Mail published a short review that Benazir Bhutto has written…”I could not put The Kite Runner down because…(It) reminded me once again how extremism and religion are often exploited and manipulated for political power.”

http://www.kiterunnermovie.com/

"For you, a thousand times over." [Happytears]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 16:39      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was saw a preview for that. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD, but I do want to see it.

I love finding good, albeit lesser-known films and sharing them (hence my current sig).

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture