homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » DDR Goodness!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DDR Goodness!
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 04, 2007 19:18      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I went out tonight, trying to find a fun cheap toy for my brother's birthday (the family is getting together to pay him new tires, but I still wanted to buy something more, so he'd have something to unwrap - I went for the "Beetlejuice" DVD). While searching, I found not one, but two versions of DDR to buy: the Wii's Hottest party, and PS2's Supernova 2. So I just spent two hours playing.

The Supernova 2 is just like its predecessor, for what I could see: same graphics, mostly same options, new songs, of course, and the Master Mode has a new setting.

As for the Hottest Party... I will probably need more time to get used to shaking the controler and nunchuk at the right moment. And I don't really like the new "arrows" - a double-stomp, an avoid stomping, and a screen locking (?) are those I have seen for now, but I find them disruptive more than fun. I want to dance, not getting a headache trying to remember what does what. Oh, and until now, the choice of songs in inferior to pretty much all the other versions I have.

Still, dance on! (Tomorrow. For now, I'm going to bed. [tired] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 04, 2007 19:38      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool!

since you mentioned Wii's Hottest Party in the other thread, we've been wondering how it is and whether (when) to get it.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2007 08:17      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do DDR here at the library with the teens and they love it. For a brief nanosecond staff is cool. Then they glance at us again and we return to old fart status. [Smile]
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture