homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Kingdom of Loathing (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 00:02      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Who are Cartilage and Mr_Sketchy_Galore? Multis or more people?

Cartilage = moi.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 04:20      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any news yet on who won the store naming contest?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 14:49      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Who are Cartilage and Mr_Sketchy_Galore? Multis or more people?

Cartilage = moi.
Okay, I changed your status.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 14:51      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Any news yet on who won the store naming contest?

So far only one person has voted.

GUYS GO VOTE FOR YOUR FAV. GEEK STORE NAME!

(There's a thread in the clan forum with the directions/suggestions. Suggesting a name doesn't bar you from voting.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2007 10:34      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I figure it was better than starting a new one on the same subject. [crazy]

Annnnywaaaaay,

I am done playing KoL. I don't have time nor the interest to play any more, since all the new changes and such.

For those of you in control of the clan, would you prefer I (1) donate all my items to the clan and let you all have a free-for-all; (2) send my items to one person for fair distribution; (3) sell my items and donate the meat to the clan; (4) give my loaded up character to someone to play with since it has a whole bunch of old, no-longer-available familiars and trophies?

Any or all of the above options are viable. I hate to just dump it all, but I don't ever see myself playing again either.

Thanks. If you want to send me a PM or email please feel free to do so (just not in the game as I don't sign on any more and would only sign on to do one or more of the above options).

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2007 12:18      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that actually leaves me as only active person who's got Gal Friday status (and I do look so very good in a dress and high heels), so I'm going to ask that Black Widow hand off the clan administration to me for now (or starting two weeks from now, actually).

If someone else wants to handle administration of the clan, please tell BlackWidow/me because... honestly, I don't think I'll be a good clan leader and I don't think any of you want me in that position. Me leading may (probably will) result in non-GC members coming into the clan, possibly turning /clan chat into a den of perversion and obscenity second only to /radio during certain late night hours and Sneaky Pete only knows what else.

Thank you for your attention.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2007 13:08      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Me leading may (probably will) result in non-GC members coming into the clan, possibly turning /clan chat into a den of perversion and obscenity second only to /radio during certain late night hours and Sneaky Pete only knows what else.

Thank you for your attention.

You get my vote [Smile] (I'd just blow the clan stash on papayas to further mess with the market [Smile] )

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2007 13:33      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with perversion and obscenity?

Sadly, it seems our clan isn't serving much purpose anymore. The last post on the clan board was forever ago. We couldn't even manage to vote on a mall store name, for crying out loud. So c'mon folks, lets whip up the base. Or something.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2007 14:13      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go to the clan a lot! I just don't have much to talk about. Steen, since you know everything, I think you'd be a perfect clan leader.

--------------------

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2007 16:00      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've still been logging in as well, though less often lately. If you promise to make the chat more interesting, I'll make sure to hang around more, Steen. [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2007 18:10      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it'll be at least two weeks before I do anything. I have some RL stuff going on that I have to wait to see the results of.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2007 18:19      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm finishing the frat vs. hippy warmongering quest. Wearing both sets of fatigues, I've adventured in the battlefield until I get the message that there's no more to fight. However, I've been to the Council, but they don't seem to think I've finished the quest. What do I have to do yet?

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2007 18:58      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pick one side or the other and go to their encampment wearing the opposite side's outfit. You'll meet their boss figure and fight him. Once the boss has been done in, then the quest is finished.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2007 19:08      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, bummer. I *would* be too drunk to finish the quest tonight!! Thanks for pointing the way, Steen. I'll have to finish off Wisniewski tomorrow.

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2007 06:31      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the process of selling all my good stuff, I've donated some other things to the clan, and there is now $7.7 million-plus in meat in the clan coffers. Tomorrow I will log in with my character and donate whatever meat my store has brought, sell off everything else and donate the rest of the meat to the clan.

I have also transferred clan ownership to Steen. All hail Steen, the great and merciful leader!

Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2007 09:58      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than start a war, is there anything good we can do with the money in the clan coffers?

I've been using my recent gambling winnings to bolster my "mess with the Papaya market" experiment. If the clan would like to buy me a few millions worth of Papayas I can put them permanently in my store at 200 meat (with limit of 6 or 12 a day) and completely depress Papaya prices to the benefit of all adventurers. (or we could open a clan store and do that).

Make market crashes not War!

--------------------

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2007 10:33      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished dumping all my leftover pieces from creating a Misshapen Animal Skeleton in the clan stash yesterday. I must have spent close to two weeks worth of adventures collecting all the bones for that thing, and I think I had duplicates of all but two pieces.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2007 18:55      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buried in here is as good a place as any for these things:

First an announcement: I made a clan forum for discussing clan activities and posted some of my ideas for future clan activities there. Be sure to check them out.

Second, an explanation: I've said that I wasn't going to do much until at least a week from Friday. The reason for this is that I'm having open heart surgery and will be due at the hospital at 6am on Friday morning. Everything is contingent on my surviving and recovering from the surgery.

Finally, some irony: After seven years of self-imposed celibacy, I finally meet someone I really want to do things with... and she's celibate. Speechless, I am... speechless!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2007 19:28      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Awesome. I'll check it out.
2. Not so awesome. Here's hoping everything turns out OK there.
3. Congratulations on finding someone, Steen. Good luck with the relationship.

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2007 20:33      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2. I'll be thinking of you, Steen. Godspeed.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2007 22:02      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen - I hope the surgery goes well, and you have a speedy recovery. And who knows...maybe the lady will change her mind? [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2007 04:41      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the difference between celibate and abstinent? If you guys got married, would you be able to become uncelibate?

Open heart surgery sounds really scary, Steen! I hope everything goes well!!!!

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2007 10:11      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All active clan members (sans multis) received a small monetary (meatatary?) gift today. I noted some of you have not logged in for a couple of weeks, so you might want to do so just to buy yourself something nice.
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2007 11:15      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that Black Widow. I've used mine to fund my scheme to keep Papaya prices low [Smile]

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 23, 2007 05:06      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, where did all this come from? Totally awesome.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture