homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Kingdom of Loathing (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 02:42      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Dependence Day!

There are fireworks (M-242s, Sparklers, and Snakes) in the stash so check there before spending meat on them in the Market. It looks like you can only use one at a time and they give temporary stats for muscle, mysticality, and moxie respectively.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 08:46      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
When I bought the calendar there was the choice between the Boys of Loathing and the Girls of Loathing. I figured BW and I were outnumbered and so graciously conceded the Girls of Loathing calendar so that you can ogle scantily clad stick figure females, GG. [Wink]

Bless you, oh Fearless Leader...*sorta bows*

quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Happy Dependence Day!

There are fireworks (M-242s, Sparklers, and Snakes) in the stash so check there before spending meat on them in the Market. It looks like you can only use one at a time and they give temporary stats for muscle, mysticality, and moxie respectively.

Ooooooh...Sparklers! Shiny!

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 07, 2007 08:50      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I ran out of adventures today training at the temple, my tummy is full and I'm almost drunk... better play with some fireworks [Big Grin]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 02:12      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is a Mysticality day.

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 08:46      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the bugbear costume. He's so cute when he blinks.

-

--------------------

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 09:32      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a good laugh at the Monster Squad reference for the wolfman.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 04:38      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've been adventuring on the island and have an excess of filthy corduroys, the Bounty Hunter on The Wrong Side of the Tracks is paying 160 meat for them today.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 08:35      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an island????

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 08:41      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, there's an island. It's that big round thing on the map that isn't connected to the main continent... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 09:03      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a continent???? How convenient. Now we can all throw out our Depends.

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 02:22      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hermit has ten leaf clovers in stock and the bounty hunter is buying rat appendix for 32 meat each.

If a spy was me, I'd convey secret information in KoL code.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 08:24      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KoLku?

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 01:06      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is a Muscularity day.

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 09:48      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly do the muscularity, mysticality and moxies days mean? Are you more likely to get substat gains in that area that day, or is your current mojo more potent, or what?

Speaking of substat gains, I discovered yesterday

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 11:33      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On stat days, substat gains for the stat of the day are increased by 50% (or so I have been told).
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 11:44      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's good news, 'cause my Loathing muscles are about as wimpy as my real-life muscles. Seems like all the monsters for my current quests are far enough out of my league that I can't even kill them with luck. Not that it stops me from trying anyway.

--------------------
Ugh!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 18:52      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo, I applied to join the clan. Jonathan thinks it's funny watching me play the game. It's pretty fun, although at times it's very frustrating. I keep getting beat up!! [Frown]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 00:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll add you when I log in.

The temple in the woods is a good way to build stats quickly, you get the quest in the spooky forest. I find that when i'm using the temple, rather than waste a bunch of turns healing, I just pay doc galactic in town to restore one HP. Then I go back and use it some more. No turns lost and I'm not using up items that restore more HP that I might want when fighting something.

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 06:34      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
The temple in the woods is a good way to build stats quickly, you get the quest in the spooky forest.

Watch out for the swinging blades of death. They'll take you out quickly.

quote:
...I just pay doc galactic in town to restore one HP...
Don't forget to complete the Doc Galaktik quest when you get it so you get a discount.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 10:18      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to go to the temple, except I can't get the dang Spooky-Gro to drop [Mad]

I am making progress in other areas though, so all is not lost. I'm starting to get the hang of it, with the wiki as my crutch. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ugh!

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 11:07      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been doing pretty well on the battles so far, though I've occasionally gotten in over my head. I have gotten stuck when trying to figure out what items I need to complete some quests, but I imagine they'll turn up sooner or later, or I'll use the wiki if I'm stuck for too long.

I like the familiars. The saber-toothed lime I pulled out of the clan stash is up to 23 pounds with my Amphibian Sympathy skill and the tiny shaker of salt equipped.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 11:14      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where does one get a new familiar? I've been running around with my council-issued mosquito and I wouldn't mind trying something new.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 12:27      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a potato in addition to my council-issued mosquito, but I can't remember where I found the little spud. I don't think it was quest related...

--------------------
Ugh!

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 12:48      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:
Where does one get a new familiar? I've been running around with my council-issued mosquito and I wouldn't mind trying something new.

I was looking at some of the information on familiars, and it looks like they can be gotten from a variety of places; some are quest items, and some are made by combining items.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 14:01      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:

I have a sabre-toothed lime that I'm not using. I'll see if I can send him to you.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture