homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Kingdom of Loathing (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 14:22      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put in the books and the girls of loathing calendar for the adventures.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 14:49      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
Okay, I'm spamming this post now:

I realize after looking at the stats of the new clan that most (all) of you are new to KoL. Since I am upper levels and multi-ascender, I would be willing to farm for equipment or buffs and put them in the clan stash for all to use. I have already put some extra items in there. If you have any requests for specific items (within reason), please send me a kmail (in game email). I also have sauceror and pastamancer skills for both multis and can create the basic pasta dishes if anyone needs them (I have an inabox so it won't cost me any turns).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me too. I'd be glad to help.

I gave you permissions to do all that clan admin stuff too so you should be able to approve people and stuff. [Big Grin]

And Hi, Garlic Guy!

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 19:08      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
You have to help your clan members move, babysit their children, water their plants when they go on vacation (or take care of their dog/cat), go out in snowstorms to help them push their cars out of ditches.

Geez, I said I was a n00b, not a gullible n00b [Wink]
I'll apply to GCC when I get a chance to log on again.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 10:47      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a ghuol. Ghuols eat dead people. They're hugely unpopular at fondue parties, kissing booths, potlucks, and just about everywhere else.

That makes me giggle every time.

--------------------

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 13:10      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna be in the GC clan. You can recognize me by the rather uncreative name I've chosen for myself (ScholasticSpastic). I've got the mad disco skills you've been looking for.

nOObness warning: I have maximum nOObness.

Currently, my character is in a drunken stupor and has been rather brutally beaten by pink elephants. As in the game, so in life, I suppose.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 13:51      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After playing KoL solo for over a year now, finally a clan I can join [Smile]

Currently doing an oxygenarian run and avoiding ascending until I can get the trophy for hitting Level 30 [Smile]

I've also just got the new Item-of-the-Month familiar, which is pretty cool (and suspiciously like one of the Wee Free Men [Wink] )

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 14:20      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am SOOOOoooooooooooo o falling-down-drunk. Got 25 adventures left for today. What do I do now clan?

I'm a sauceror and could use some bolstering in the mysticality department.

*hic*

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 15:25      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trick is to hold off on the booze until the end of the day, then use it to give you more adventures. Once you're drunk, there's not much you can do (except on one special day [Wink] ).

Fortunately your adventures roll over to the next day (up to a limit of 200), so you can just come back the next day and use them.

This site is very good for info, just avoid the spoilers [Smile]

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 16:21      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like Friday is a good Mysticality day.

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 18:34      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gg, have you visited the gourd tower in the seaside town? Therein lies the road to a goodly portion of my mysticality.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 18:36      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup! Been there, done that. Just too drunk to do anymore adventures today. I'll have to wait now 'til tomorrow.

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 23:35      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some time, and created an account, too. I just stuck with my usual username.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 06:39      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
I am SOOOOoooooooooooo o falling-down-drunk. Got 25 adventures left for today. What do I do now clan?

I'm a sauceror and could use some bolstering in the mysticality department.

*hic*

You can still cook things that use adventures after you are drunk.

KoL Wiki is the best site for finding out all sorts of spoileriffic things about KoL.

Also, I donated and bought a Mr. Klaw skill game for the rumpus room. Please be sure to use it three times each day to attempt to win various items.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 07:24      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!

I donated a bunch of food/drinks to the stash yesterday too, so people might want to check there first before buying stuff in the mall.

--------------------

Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 07:34      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you get disembodied brains (Fenswarthy's Tower) and skulls you can make brainy skulls, which you can use to make Chefs and Bartenders for your campsite. This means you can cook and mix drinks without using adventures.

You can also make a meat maid with a brainy skull that will give you extra adventures automatically each day too.

I'd recommend aiming to get through your first ascension as quickly as possible so that you can play using one of the ascended zones. These open up extra areas on the map that give you extra features that suit different player attributes.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 10:39      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. So I sobered up overnight, went in this morning rested and restored and promptly managed to get everything kicked out of me before even getting tipsy! [Eek!]

What a great game! Really. Reminds me of the old Zork trilogy.

I'll probably take a look at some of those "tips" sites other clanners have posted, in order to overcome some of my unutterable n00bness.

To those GC'ers who haven't tried KoL, at least take a look. It is a laugh riot.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG:
Take a look at this page:
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Safe

It'll at give you an idea of whether you're going to be instantly beaten up in an adventure area or not.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:14      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I should have looked before leaping, eh? [ohwell] Hindsight is always 20/100 (or worse for some geeks).

--------------------

Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:19      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend who has played for years -- since before I met her in 2003. She loves it and loves to share the weird holiday things they put up. Part of the game's charm is that it's a mix of puns and snark and general weirdness with stick figure art.

It's the essence of Keep It Simple, Stupid.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:30      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
garlicguy wrote:
I guess I should have looked before leaping, eh? [ohwell]

What makes you think I did?

I think I got beaten up about 5 or 6 times before I looked for help. Fortunately, you don't die in the game or there'd be little Grumpysteen corpses all over the place [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 06, 2007 12:40      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is iWanToUseaMac and I have a drinking problem... there should be a AA somewhere in the Kingdom.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted June 06, 2007 17:11      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oy - i resemble that remark you insensate clod! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 19:28      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
I put in the books and the girls of loathing calendar for the adventures.

What up with that blonde on the calendar this month?

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 22:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It tries to freak you out with its wings, but fortunately you're a wing nut."

Best miss message I've seen so far [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 01:30      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I bought the calendar there was the choice between the Boys of Loathing and the Girls of Loathing. I figured BW and I were outnumbered and so graciously conceded the Girls of Loathing calendar so that you can ogle scantily clad stick figure females, GG. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture