homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Kingdom of Loathing (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 11:08      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone play Kingdom of Loathing?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 12:24      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used to, but I don't think my account exists anymore. I've been to busy to do much of anything besides work, and I don't have personal internet access till this coming thursday. Bummer though, it was a fun game [Frown]
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 18:50      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just signed up. It looks cool; the sort of thing I could get into. But I'm going to be busy for the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll try it again after that.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 19:15      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KoL's a fun game [Smile]

I've been playing for a year or so as a sort of WoW substitute. It also helps boost my cynicism levels suitably. I'm currently experimenting with manipulating the papaya market [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2007 01:04      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm amazed at the sheer variety of stuff like stats regeneration being dependent on moon phase and allt the different ways you can combine/cook/smith stuff and the assortment of quests.

It's really funny too.

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2007 19:58      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play now. Very clever and funny, indeed. Thanks for the tip, fs.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 01:41      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is interested, I'll start a GC clan.

--------------------

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 03, 2007 06:14      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda funny, but I'm more visual so I'd like more movement there.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
matt.hickford
Newbie Larva
Member # 5320

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 08:45      Profile for matt.hickford         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 07:28      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a GC clan. It's called GCC - join if you want. [Smile]

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 07:48      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two chars on there, blakwido and joes_amy. They are in their "own" clan right now, but I would consider joining the GCC. Is there a claw machine?
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 08:04      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing at all right now, I just set it up and I figured I'd wait to see what people wanted most before I put anything in. We can get a claw machine. [Big Grin]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 08:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GCC? I am so tempted to create a second character named Gimple...

Anyway, I'll join. I'm Grumpysteen on KoL.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 08:37      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Accepted. I put 170,000 meat in the stash to buy rumpus room stuff with. Here's a list of available stuff.

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 10:18      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does joining a clan impose any obligations on a player? I'm a total n00b at both KoL and online multi-player games in general, so I'm confused and taking baby steps [Smile] [ohwell]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 11:06      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Of course. Clans = srs bsns.

You have to help your clan members move, babysit their children, water their plants when they go on vacation (or take care of their dog/cat), go out in snowstorms to help them push their cars out of ditches.

There is also a weekly meeting involving things like points of order and seconding motions with compulsory attendance.

You are only allowed to marry within your own clan, with the approval of clan elders. You must defend the honor of your clan at all costs. You must aid your clan in any way it deems necessary in it's quest for total world domination.

(Or you could just donate meat/items to the stash when you have some extra.) [Wink]

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 11:06      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I applied with both my multis. [Smile]
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 11:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any opinions on clan furniture?

My top picks are:
Comfy Sofa
Snack Machine
Mr. Klaw
Old Timey Radio
Self Help books
Meat Orchid

Does anyone PvP?

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 11:16      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:

I saw that, I just added you.

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 11:58      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Any opinions on clan furniture?

My top picks are:
Comfy Sofa
Snack Machine
Mr. Klaw
Old Timey Radio
Self Help books
Meat Orchid

Does anyone PvP?

A Nail in the Wall=boys or girls of loathing calendar (3 extra adventures a day)

An Empty Bookshelf=self help books

An Unused Outlet=Mr. Klaw

An Empty Endtable=potted meat bush

A Threadbare Rug=comfy sofa

A Dusty Corner=snack machine or meat tree (though I'm not sure if you can have a bush and a tree, but I guess its possible)

I don't PVP, so PVP benefits from clan items are not useful to me. I'd rather have extra regular adventures. IMHO, YMMV.

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 11:59      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:

I saw that, I just added you.
I also started adding some things to the clan stash; please feel free to sell them for clan monies if you would rather, so you can buy clan goodies.
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 12:28      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I haven't played this game in forever. Just created a new account. But not level 3 yet, so can't join the clan. [weep]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 13:47      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, but soon. If you tell me your name, I'll send you some cocktails that are good for your main stat.

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 13:47      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm spamming this post now:

I realize after looking at the stats of the new clan that most (all) of you are new to KoL. Since I am upper levels and multi-ascender, I would be willing to farm for equipment or buffs and put them in the clan stash for all to use. I have already put some extra items in there. If you have any requests for specific items (within reason), please send me a kmail (in game email). I also have sauceror and pastamancer skills for both multis and can create the basic pasta dishes if anyone needs them (I have an inabox so it won't cost me any turns).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me too. I'd be glad to help.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 14:03      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Yes. Of course. Clans = srs bsns.

You have to help your clan members move, babysit their children, water their plants when they go on vacation (or take care of their dog/cat), go out in snowstorms to help them push their cars out of ditches.

There is also a weekly meeting involving things like points of order and seconding motions with compulsory attendance.

You are only allowed to marry within your own clan, with the approval of clan elders. You must defend the honor of your clan at all costs. You must aid your clan in any way it deems necessary in it's quest for total world domination.

(Or you could just donate meat/items to the stash when you have some extra.) [Wink]

Sheesh! Sounds like the Catholic Church!

I've applied to GCC after finally reaching lvl 3. I promise to try to behave.

Thanks. Now I can avoid reality forever!

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture