homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » What are you doing? (imitation Twitter thread) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What are you doing? (imitation Twitter thread)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted May 08, 2007 13:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Writing tonight's Joypoll, while coddling over a disk image convertion.
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 13:55      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to be patient and not go stir crazy while I wait to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 13:58      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
debating with myself if I should read some or go to bed

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 14:34      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read Geek Culture's forum?

Well, more seriously, just wasting some time until I kick myself into preparing dinner.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 14:48      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoying the beautiful spring weather, having a glass of wine, listening to Joan Baez... flaying a young hitch-hiker.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 14:52      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sitting here all sweaty after having ridden my bike home from work. Contemplating what to have for dinner.. Trying to decide what to listen to.. And oh, yeah, reading the GC forum. [Big Grin]
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 16:10      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Analyzing data, enjoying a moment of respite from the new grad students in the lab, contemplating cutting my day off at the 8 hour mark for a change. I could leave before the sun goes down, and take the uber-scenic route home...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 16:31      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
decided to procrastinate away the rest of the night - might go for a nice walk outside though.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
littlenewsie
Geek Apprentice
Member # 7241

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 18:31      Profile for littlenewsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Studying Calculus for my AP test tomorrow...

--------------------
"Teachers ramble on and on about freedom of the press but God help you if you try to use it." Gordon Korman

Posts: 46 | From: The Other Side of PA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 19:52      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lying in bed with my two greyhounds, then reading the GC forum, then maybe a little World of Warcraft... [Smile]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 20:42      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to cram two hours of relaxation into 30 minutes. And failing miserably.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 21:12      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course you are. Relaxing in a hurry is an oxymoron. [Razz]

I'm currently procrastinating on finishing something I should have finished two or three years ago...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 23:58      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also procrastinating [Smile] [should be finishing a presentation on orbital tuning...]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 06:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to make the coffee...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 09, 2007 07:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just woke up, drinking tea, checking email, planning the day. It's a nice one here!
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 08:16      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reinstalling Enterprise Portal 7 (POS) on linux and hating on my day [Smile]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 08:51      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Applying for jobs - same old, same old...
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted May 09, 2007 09:28      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothin'. I mean, working ... okay, same thing
Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 09:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biding my time until the end of next week when I start my new job.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 10:09      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Biding my time until the end of next week when I start my new job.

Oh? Sounds awesome! Do tell [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 10:15      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to convice customer service that we can't archive every single customer job forever
unless he wants to buy 1tb of worth of hard drives each month...

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 10:20      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with that? [Wink]

Actually, fun tidbit - my company grows disk by 7 TB/year this year and last. We're looking at 9 TB next year.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 11:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HalfVast: Exciting...but if pressed, you might consider something like LTO-3.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 11:30      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got done with my database final (can you say 'lame'?)

Just chillin' in my room, waiting to go birdwatching with a friend. Apparently she's obsessed with photographing birds, so we made a plan to go driving around the mountains with a camera... could be fun.

Also, I'm drinking yummy yellow powerade. Mmmmmm.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 11:31      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not forgetting the backups and the failsafe margins HalfVast [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture