homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Warp 11: Awesome Star Trek Band

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warp 11: Awesome Star Trek Band
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2007 20:47      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, WS and I have both their CDs, and if you're a Star Trek fan who likes Kevin Smith style humor, Warp 11 is a really fun band local to our old hometown. They also drink while they play, adding to the charm of a live show.

They have a video out, called "She Make It So", which uses the Davis Food Co-Op and the UC Davis campus for filming a few of the scenes.

Check it out, and listen to the lyrics if you get a chance.

On the site, they have a live performance, where a guy in a Mugato (The Horned Ape) costume thrashes onstage.

It's one of those "you wouldn't believe it unless you saw it."

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 25, 2007 07:01      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Both"? "Both"?!?!

Yer a CD short! I have Suck My Spock, Red Alert, and Boldly Go Down On Me.

Warp 11 rocks! Plus, Kiki Stockhammer goodness for all you NewTek and Amiga fans.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 07:22      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supaboy:
Yer a CD short! I have Suck My Spock, Red Alert, and Boldly Go Down On Me.

HOLY CATS! ::furtive look:: I thought there were only two. Well, now I know what to get for Father's Day . . .

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted April 25, 2007 10:45      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard clips. They're awesome. But distressingly Sacramento-limited. *harumph*

--------------------
cogito ergo something.

Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture