homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Does anyone else love Heroes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone else love Heroes?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 23, 2007 12:40      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering, since it returns tonight. [Applause]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 13:05      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it, but I've heard great things about it. Maybe I'll check it out.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 13:33      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching. I really want to see how this possible showdown between Peter and Syler is going to turn out.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 7 posted April 23, 2007 13:55      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend who's a Heroes addict, but I haven't got a television tuner, so I have no idea.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 14:03      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen one episode so far, but my finger is poised over the DVR's "Record" button in anticipation of the fresh episodes. Unfortunately, I can't convince anyone else in the house it's worth watching.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 14:56      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also one of the many who love the show.

For those who haven't seen it or have missed episodes NBC, in a rare moment of an old corporation looking forward and not sticking strictly to old business models, has put every episode shown so far online. You can get to them on this page. You do have to watch a commercial six times per episode, but that's a fairly minor annoyance.

NBC also put an expanded version of the comic book Hiro brought back from the future up on this page.

(sorry to sound like a PR flack, but I think it's really worth seeing the back episodes and reading the comic)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
littlenewsie
Geek Apprentice
Member # 7241

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:06      Profile for littlenewsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep... Heroes is one of the better shows on television right now in my opinion. I'd love to watch it again... however it's TV Turnoff Week and I'm trying to keep my TV off. It shouldn't be that bad though. I just wish Heroes would have waited one more week... *sigh* I'll survive.

--------------------
"Teachers ramble on and on about freedom of the press but God help you if you try to use it." Gordon Korman

Posts: 46 | From: The Other Side of PA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:22      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, hey, for fun and giggles, take a look at:

Hero-Vivor!

The characters get points for smart and dumb things they do. At the end of the season, one of the characters wins or something. It's Heroes, with a twist. It's based off of Lost-vivor, and no, that Jess is not me.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
AgingAmigaoid
Mini Geek
Member # 764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:23      Profile for AgingAmigaoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
... NBC, in a rare moment of an old corporation looking forward ... has put every episode shown so far online. ...
(sorry to sound like a PR flack, but I think it's really worth seeing the back episodes and reading the comic)

Here Here! On both counts!

The fact that the networks are putting back episodes on-line is totally awesome and Heroes needs to be seen from the beginning... You can't try and jump in now!

Did everybody catch the license plate on Hiro's Father's limo? [thumbsup]

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2007 08:14      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching season one in the UK and it's really uncommonly good. Please - no spoilers!!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2007 12:16      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
I'm watching season one in the UK and it's really uncommonly good. Please - no spoilers!!

There's only one season so far, so you can't be too far behind us on the series.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2007 13:11      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the UK, we got episodes 1 to 10 as series one, and by extension episodes 11 to 19 are series two (to us) They aren't available yet over here (not officially anyway!) but I've seen all of them and it's a grrreeat show! [Big Grin] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 00:51      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AgingAmigaoid:
Did everybody catch the license plate on Hiro's Father's limo? [thumbsup]

Yes - "NCC-1701". I did a double-take and had to rewind my DVR to make sure I wasn't imagining things. (For those who don't watch, Hiro's father is played by George Takei, better known as Star Trek's Sulu.)

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 20:00      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have my glasses on and the 'o' in Heroes blurred to a 'p', for which reason I decided to avoid this thread. Funny how a little, tiny, eensie-beensie thing such as a tail can make such a HUGE difference in meaning, isn't it?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted April 30, 2007 06:06      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heroes doesn't play were I live but All of this talk of heroes here and other places and a four day weekend made me decide to watch a few episodes and see what is up.

Normally I don't have anything bad to say about Apple but I think itunes is the only way to legally buy episodes right now. (unless they are already on DVD but I doubt that.) SO I pop on over to the itunes store (which I frequent) and look for the episodes as I have friends who said they can be gotten there. Couldn't find it so I popped on over to itunes USA store. No problem to find the episodes. I click buy and guess what. They don't want me as a customer. They don't sell any tv shows through the itunes in other countries. (at least not mine) and they won't let people from other coutries buy itunes products in the USA site.

I hope they are happy. I am now after downloading all night. I have the first 18 episodes.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 01, 2007 04:10      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This TV show fisrt spin off should be one centered around Hiro's adventures. I love this charachter.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture