homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » UK TV Drama "Recovery"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK TV Drama "Recovery"
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 26, 2007 04:44      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't watch much TV, and it's seldom that I see anything truly impressive, but this TV drama had me completely riveted. A great piece of writing, well directed, with at its heart a quite marvellous performance by Sarah Parish, simple true and heartbreaking. She is an actress of great power and directness that I have long admired, but this time she just knocked my socks off. Fantastic.

It spoke to me fairly directly, as though nothing remotely as bad as this has ever happened to me, I do remember very clearly my feelings when my wife was first diagnosed with MS, and how the shutters seemed to come down on so many possibilities for our lives. It was rather like becoming middle aged overnight, and not an easy thing to accept.

I hope this gets some international distribution. It deserves it.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture