homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Garlic's Sauce

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Garlic's Sauce
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:27      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recieved the sauce I won and I just want to say thanks to all involved and tell you it is some good sauce. I can safely say it is the best BBQ sauce any of the family living with me, besides my wife, have ever had. Though, its also the only BBQ sauce they have ever had. It is really good on a rabbit cooked over an open fire. Thank you. For the newb's, I'm speaking of Garlic Head's BBQ sauce, of the same name, that he's been known to give away in contests here.

(Ashitaka)

where to get the sauce

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:01      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks tasty! [Smile]
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 06:14      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great.. When did you receive it? Mine hasn't arrived yet..

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 06:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugurcan:

Ugurcan:

Yours was sent within a few days of when the contest ended. If past experience is any indicator, recipients on the Continent have had to wait up to 3 months to receive their shipments. I hope it arrives soon! gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 10:56      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugurcan:

Mine reached euprope quickly because it was sent to an US address and flew over with a relative visiting me.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
tyler
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4477

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 10:23      Profile for tyler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That definitely looks great! I think if I was around the sauce, I'd definitely be honored to eat it and smell it. SOme don't have that option, such as this dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV7MSRrT4d8

Yeah girls may love this puppet, but he can't open his mouth to eat or talk or anything. i wonder if he smells the cake. If so, he could smell the sauce too. But more importantly, why is this puppet named Fash? I just don't get it.

--------------------
Tyler Allen

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 11:58      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tyler:
But more importantly, why is this puppet named Fash? I just don't get it.

Short for "fascist." He's staging a political coup.
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 16:11      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tyler:
why is this puppet named Fash? I just don't get it.

The puppet is named "Fash" because it's part of Old Navy's pathetic attempt at viral advertising stemming from the phrase "get your fash on"
fash on = fashion.

All of that is fairly obvious, however, which makes me wonder...

Something like 80% of your posts have been for Napster or Old Navy at this point. Are you so obsessed with being a consumer that you've actually become a living spam generator without realizing it or are you at least getting paid for behaving like scum?

Regardless,here are some far more entertaining puppets.
(NSFW if your co-workers can hear the lyrics, but probably worth it anyway as long as you don't get fired)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture