homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Superman Returns?! More like Superman Wusses Out...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Superman Returns?! More like Superman Wusses Out...
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 8 posted June 28, 2006 21:38      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I hate having movies spoiled for me, but if you've seen Superman Returns and want to read my spoileriffic rant on why I thought it sucks, I'll direct you to my Livejournal post on the topic. Thoughts? Vents?

Oh, my fandom, my fandom, why hast thou forsaken me? [weep]

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2006 12:17      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happened to see a short interview where Bryan Singer actually said it was more of a "chick flick" (his words) than an action movie. So, even though I haven't seen it myself, I can suspect why you might be a bit upset. [ohwell]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2006 13:16      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost interest after watching the trailer and witnessing the "stop a bullet with his eye" scene!
Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
IKH19 (ikh leader)
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5397

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted July 17, 2006 09:28      Profile for IKH19 (ikh leader)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah this is exactly what happens when you take a classic movie and remake it Hollywood style.
As said on a paparazzi show "superman has lost his American way and is now appealing to a broader audience" which is fine if you stick to the script.

Posts: 4 | From: WHO CARES | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2006 05:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Liked superman returns. It is not extrodinary, but it was entertaining on a special effects level. No the special effects weren't anything new, but they were entertainig. For me, CG doesn't have to be ground breaking to entertain me. The eye candy may not start a revolution in cinematics, but it was very pleasing. Not everything can be "the matrix" when it some to CG.

I am not necroposting. Superman Returns just opened where I live.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2006 06:01      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see this a while back with some friends. It was okay. I guess it could have been better. It's entertaining enough but I think it might have been a bit on the long side. Brandon Routh is cute though! [Big Grin]
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture