homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » X-Men: The Last Stand sneak peek coming soon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: X-Men: The Last Stand sneak peek coming soon
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 11, 2006 14:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will be a seven-minute clip from “X-Men: The Last Stand” going live tonight at Midnight EST exclusively at...
http://www.dell.com/x-men

Also on the site is access to a sweepstakes to win Dell’s XPS X-Men: The Last Stand Collector’s Edition computer system. The system, based on a next-generation XPS gaming desktop, is custom painted with images from “X-Men: The Last Stand.”

If only it would run Mac OS X. [evil]

Hmmmm, when is Nitrozac going to offer custom painted MacBooks? [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2006 20:23      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the correct application of force, I'm sure OS X could be made to run on it. Besides, with a paint job like that, how could it not run X?! (I'd be willing to try it if they want to send one this way. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2006 21:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I watched the first few minutes, but I'm not willing to get anything that closely resembles a spoiler. I look forward to watching it sometime after it comes out...either on the big screen, or when it comes to DVD around Christmastime (and I would get it via Netflix).

Snaggy: Just think, you could also beta-test those laptops if Nitrozac offered such a service... [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Danapoppa
Geek
Member # 1555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2006 20:47      Profile for Danapoppa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Hmmmm, when is Nitrozac going to offer custom painted MacBooks? [Big Grin]

Snaggy, there's a Japanese company called Bird Electron that has, since Apple released the first TiBooks, been manufacturing aluminum protector panels designed to reinforce and beautify the covers of Apple laptops. Here's an example.

I once had one in TiBook grey with the letters "G4" cut out right over the Apple logo, so that they would light up when the TiBook was operating. Very cool!

Anyhow, it occurred to me that this might be a good way to get something like what you're suggesting. Instead of customizing an entire MacBook, you could create custom-painted protectors. Or perhaps you could even get Nitrozac's designs silkscreened on such protectors, and sell them in volume through the GC webstore!

I'd probably buy one or two of those, depending on the design. [Smile]

Posts: 237 | From: South of Mt. Fuji | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture