homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Night Watch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Night Watch
Alexey
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 18:50      Profile for Alexey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a very good Russian Sci-Fi / Fantasy movie "Night watch" in theaters now ("Lord of the Rings" meets "Prophecy"). Did anyone see it?
Here is a good review of the film: http://www.moria.co.nz/horror/nightwatch04.htm
The movie been out on DVD for some time, but since Fox bought all American distribution rights, they have mandated to stop making NTSC formatted dvds of it. The disk has been slowly disappearing from even Russian stores in America. And Fox kept postponing the release until recent limited release, while sequel "Day Watch" is already out in Russia on pal dvd (without subs only). Both installments beat American movies in Russia. And the studio is insisting on filming the 3rd part in English. Ain't US movie studios wonderful

Posts: 1 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
BronzeG3
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2590

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 21:44      Profile for BronzeG3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend and I went to see that movie when it came out in the US. We both like it alot. It was the first movie I actually saw in the theatre in about a year.

I see you are from NJ? Mind if I ask where? I'm from north-central, but am currently living in Virginia for college.

Posts: 44 | From: VTech | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 01:02      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it has no relation to the Terry Pratchett book with the same name? Oh, well.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture