homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » ayria (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ayria
xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 06:46      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i found this woman (or band,not quite sure) not long ago and I LOVE IT! the music is so wicked,especially all you industrial/ebm lovin' crazy kids!enjoy. xLiix

Ayria

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

Posts: 23 | From: yorkshire,england | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 11:40      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, man, if this is what industrial has become, I'm going to crawl back under my bed with my Einstuerzende Neubauten discography and die. [Mad]

(PS, that totally sucked, and it's not EBM or industrial, it's futurepop. You'd probably like later Evil's Toy a lot. Just stay out of my harsh noize nights.)

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 11:53      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
Oh, man, if this is what industrial has become, I'm going to crawl back under my bed with my Einstuerzende Neubauten discography and die. [Mad]

(PS, that totally sucked, and it's not EBM or industrial, it's futurepop. You'd probably like later Evil's Toy a lot. Just stay out of my harsh noize nights.)

I'd like to introduce you to my Generation, the XstraightXedgeX bastards who are killing the "good music".

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 13:16      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i take it you don't like Skrew,Pigface or KMFDM then? [shake head]

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 13:19      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xStrangedayx:
i take it you don't like Skrew,Pigface or KMFDM then? [shake head]

Skrew is pretty miserable.

Pigface had a few good albums, especially when Steve Albini was with the band...too bad it spawned that atrocious Meg Lee Chin's offshoot career. The world would be an awful lot better if nobody ever had to hear "Heavy Scene" again. Also, Pigface is absolutely bloody miserable live.

KMFDM's only good album was "Money." Period. They're not an industrial band, they're a metal band, and Raymond Watts did well to leave them for PIG when he did. (I don't understand what made him come back, though.)

If you really want to get into industrial, you're not going to do it by listening to guitars. Learn your goddamn roots. [Roll Eyes]

xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 13:26      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
acutally bird,i'm more into metal and i'm a bassist so out of sheer habit i go for bands like that...it's called being a trifle open minded.y'know liking all different types of music,regardless of if it's deemed "cool" by people that have chips on their shoulder and say what are and aren't a paticular genre. [shake head]

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 13:53      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
acutally bird...

Steady on, old chap. Not a good entry to our cult, trying to offend one of our more esteemed members. If you don't like her point of view, fine - just don't go around shooting off here and there - and if you think we're picking on you 'cos you're a newbie, you're wrong - we pick on a lot of old hands as well for fun.

Play nice. Be courteous. Peace, man.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 19:01      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
acutally bird,i'm more into metal and i'm a bassist so out of sheer habit i go for bands like that...it's called being a trifle open minded.y'know liking all different types of music,regardless of if it's deemed "cool" by people that have chips on their shoulder and say what are and aren't a paticular genre.

I hate to break it to you, but what I listen to isn't deemed "cool" by most of the general populace. It's good, and I know what genre it is, so that I don't come off as a confused, namedropping little n00b.

Bloody everybody likes KMFDM, VNV Nation, and that sort of mainstream music. Unfortunately, it's bad. They don't know how to handle their instruments, and worse yet, they bring out pikey little mall goths like you, who make those of us who actually enjoy and know about industrial and EBM music into poor standing with the rest of society. KMFDM is not an industrial band; Sascha K. will tell you that himself. To quote the great Wikipedia:
quote:
Sascha Konietzko describes KMFDM's sound as "Ultra-Heavy Beat." <...> KMFDM's music has been a fusion of electronic and heavy metal, with elements of reggae, ska, and even rap. <...> After the band's three-year hiatus which ended in 2002, KMFDM adopted a more "traditional" rock sound.
So, that argument failed miserably. Care to try again?

Also, I'm tired of people equating me with baggy-pantsed, goggle-wearing high school fuckups every time I open my mouth to say that I enjoy Android Lust and Imminent Starvation.

So please, do yourself a favor, and get to learning what your genres are, before you inflict any more of this miserable candypop on my unsuspecting ears. You'll come off as more intelligent and less like you're trying too hard to bend an entire subculture to fit your liking. We wear those giant boots for a reason, you know. [Big Grin]

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 19:44      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies, we all understand it must be that time of the month, but will you please try to discuss your differences through private messages, instead of duking it out in the open forum?

PS: KMFDM is NOT metal [Smile]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 22:01      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dp004i:
Ladies, we all understand it must be that time of the month

Right, that explains it, because there's no reason a woman would want to argue anything if she wasn't on the rag. [Roll Eyes]

(PS, as stated, Sascha K. himself has gone on record saying that KMFDM/MDMFK is "a rock band." Does that settle it?)

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 22:25      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Right, that explains it, because there's no reason a woman would want to argue anything if she wasn't on the rag. [Roll Eyes]

(PS, as stated, Sascha K. himself has gone on record saying that KMFDM/MDMFK is "a rock band." Does that settle it?)

He is "ze fazer of industrial gock, and if don't believe him, you can suck his glock" [Smile]
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 23:19      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when has VNV Nation been mainstream? Future Pop yes, mainstream no. There are not many people I know that have heard of them. But then I'm a bit older than the majority of their listeners so what do I know? Einstuerzende Neubauten is definitely an acquired taste. The Mall goths are more into Manson & ICP.

My last round of shuffle play included, Ann Magnuson, Dead Can Dance, Ministry, Jem, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie, Male or Female, Mira, Prince, T.O.Y., VNV Nation,Kate Bush, Spahn Ranch, Maria McKee & Wumpscut. What's my point? If you enjoy it, listen to it, if someone else does not like it big deal.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 05:04      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, if you like it the listen to it. If some one else doesn't that's their problem. Personly I think that people who insist on making a big deal out of it should be locked in a room and forced to listen to "It's a Small World After All" 24/7 for an entire year.

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 06:06      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:
Since when has VNV Nation been mainstream?

Allow me to demonstrate.

VNV Nation:Industrial::Blink182:Punk.

Savvy?

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:05      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Allow me to demonstrate.

Savvy?

Perhaps I should remind you that just a few years ago you could purchase Einstuerzende Neubauten CDs, T-Shirts & Stickers from Hot Topic.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:49      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Allow me to demonstrate.

Savvy?

Perhaps I should remind you that just a few years ago you could purchase Einstuerzende Neubauten CDs, T-Shirts & Stickers from Hot Topic.
That Hot Topic argument doesn't hold much value - heck, you can buy Opeth's latest CD there. Try telling any self-respecting metalhead that Opeth is "mainstream mall kid junk," and you'll most likely require major surgery in order to facilitate extricating their boot from your behind.

PS: I love watching music snobs argue. Keep it up kids, and hand me some popcorn while you're at it [Smile]

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 14:12      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

originally posted by Demosthes:
Right, that explains it, because there's no reason a woman would want to argue anything if she wasn't on the rag.

Demosthenes: As an old hippy, I have nothing to contribute to this discussion, other than to observe that Motorhead have done it all already. However, it would be remiss of me not to point out that your comment above is pure poetry.
Respect. [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 17:05      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, I'm a mall kid. Who would have thought [Wink]

But Frost is right, listen to it because you like it, not because it's popular, not popular, or anywhere in between.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 23:47      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Also, I should remind you that, just a few years ago, Hot Topic actually used to sell good stuff. Just racks and racks of Lip Service and Lucky 13 stuff at overstock rates.

Hell, I still have a Throbbing Gristle EP that I got there for a couple of bucks.

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 17:38      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i found this woman (or band,not quite sure) not long ago and I LOVE IT! the music is so wicked,especially all you industrial/ebm lovin' crazy kids!enjoy. xLiix

Ayria

If you really like that "ayria" thing, you might want to give Nightwish and Lacuna Coil a try - they're by no means industrial (neither is ayria,) but at least they're good at what they're doing.
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 17:40      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Ayria

If you really like that "ayria" thing, you might want to give Nightwish and Lacuna Coil a try - they're by no means industrial (neither is ayria,) but at least they're good at what they're doing.
Ah wait, so Ayria is like Nightwish and Lacuna Coil. Hmm, like both of them, so guess I'll check out Ayria...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 19:11      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
quote:

Ayria

Ah wait, so Ayria is like Nightwish and Lacuna Coil. Hmm, like both of them, so guess I'll check out Ayria...
They don't have much in commong with ayria, other than female vocals and guitars.
xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 10:00      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually,i didn't start the argument.if anything,you could have been a little less "i know all" about it.and i think it sucks that you stereotyped me like you did,thanks for that.i'm nothing like you'd imagine.you need to drop the attitude girl,because i hoped i'd get on with you.nuff respect.xliix [shake head]

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 10:02      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also forgot to mention that Opeth are...brill.their album "half life" is stonkin'.much love x

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 11:16      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
also forgot to mention that Opeth are...brill.their album "half life" is stonkin'.much love x

It's still life, not half life - guess that shows how much you know about your music...

<flamebait>
<poser>
FLA>Einstuerzende Neubauten!!!111one!111
</poser>
</flamebait>

[Wink]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture