homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Anyone a Lost fan? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anyone a Lost fan?
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2005 07:49      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Gang... Sorry I haven't posted in like, forever! [Wink]

I'm an addict. In fact, I pre-ordered the Season 1 DVD set from Amazon last night, along with pre-ordering the DVD of Bride & Prejudice and ordering the B & P soundtrack. Sayid as the Indian MC Hammer! If you've seen B & P, you'll know what I'm talking about. Now if we could just get a Lost soundtrack, I'd be tickled pink.

I think I'll stare at my desktop for a while, so I can look at my Naveen Andrews wallpaper. [Smile]

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted June 09, 2005 08:00      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grey_girl! yay!

I thought it was a brilliant idea to make a former Republican Guard one of the stars and (I'm assuming from your reaction) heartthrobs of the show.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2005 10:35      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the producers anticipated how much women would drool over Naveen Andrews. But my friends and I are glad they cast him anyway!
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2005 16:41      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you should rent the movie Easy. He's half-naked in it a few times!

I, personally like Sawyer. [hearts]

Addicted is definitely the word for most [email protected]!!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2005 17:05      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kate does it for me [Big Grin]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2005 18:34      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I, personally like Sawyer. [hearts]

Ah, you just like the bad boys, don't you [Razz] (we only had the second Sawyer flashback episode last night, which covers why he was in Australia)

Personally, I'd prefer Claire, but I'm a sucker for pregnant Australian women [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 09, 2005 18:48      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me has a crush on Kate [thumbsup] (a nice Canadian girl playing the bad girl) [Big Grin]

snupy: Nitrozac likes the bad boy too. [ohwell] [blush]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2005 20:22      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Grey_girl! yay!

I thought it was a brilliant idea to make a former Republican Guard one of the stars and (I'm assuming from your reaction) heartthrobs of the show.

I agree-there's that great scene where Hurley assumes he was on our side of the Gulf War and asks what branch of the military he's in 'cause he's got a buddy that fought there. Priceless reaction.

csk: it's just those dimples, man. Mr Snupy's got 'em, too, but he's not a bad boy. He's too English. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

What's everyone's fave back-story??? Mine is Claire's, I think. That psychic knew the plane was going down-very creepy!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2005 10:29      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old survival nut's (blanking on his name for the moment) backstory was the episode that really hooked me on the series, but I haven't seen Claire's yet.

You can see why the guy has been getting so mystical about the island, too. It makes me wonder if he might sabatoge future attempts at being rescued.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted June 10, 2005 12:14      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the show. I was on vacataion and missed the season finale. My primary VRC started eating tapes, so I used my seconday VCR. Do to my unfamiliarity with it, I taped the wrong channel [Frown]
Since I was away, I missed the rebroadcast that saturday.

Now I have to wait till September to see the finale [Frown]

Brian

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2005 13:32      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by N9IWP:
I like the show. I was on vacataion and missed the season finale. My primary VRC started eating tapes, so I used my seconday VCR. Do to my unfamiliarity with it, I taped the wrong channel [Frown]
Since I was away, I missed the rebroadcast that saturday.

Now I have to wait till September to see the finale [Frown]

Brian

Brian, ABC is repeating the series again. I would check your local listings - you may not have to wait until September.
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2005 17:48      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:

What's everyone's fave back-story??? Mine is Claire's, I think. That psychic knew the plane was going down-very creepy!

i love lockes, hurleys, and sayids evenly id say, as they are my favorite characters overall [Razz]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptorgirl
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2005 16:20            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not just a fan, I'm completely obsessed to a pathetic degree. [Smile] I never used to grasp why people got into certain TV shows so much (:coughTrekkerscough:), but that's changed. This show makes me laugh, cry, and yell at the TV.

Hurley's my favorite character--I love his sense of humor and his backstory. Charlie is a close second because I'm a sucker for U.K. boys. Best backstories go to Locke, Hurley, and Claire.

IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2005 07:43      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slight Necropost.

Lost! starts tonight on the Swiss-French television channel.
At least they are showing it in dual-channel, so if you have a stereo tv you can watch in either french or original version (which in this case would be US/UK/Aussie/Korean from what I gather).

The only problem will be that any subtitles will be in french [Frown]

Still dithering about watching it or playing WoW. [shake head]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2005 08:50      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:

Still dithering about watching it or playing WoW. [shake head]

Watch it! Watch it!

Ok, my job here is done. [Smile]

N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2005 11:39      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, ABC is re-airing the episodes. But they are airing them in order. Which means the episodes I missed (two parter one episode or two) will air last. If they air one ep a week I have almost 6 months to wait. But I figure they will air the season finale before the Season 2 premier (whenever that is) But I'm guessing September.

Brian

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2005 15:17      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here they just showed the first two episodes, or should I say the pilot episode in two parts.
(Yes I watched it in the end).

Then they are showing two episodes every tuesday evening until the week of the 26th June at which point they will start showing it on the thursday nights at the rate of THREE episodes.

Heh, it was a slight shock to see Dominic Monaghan the same height as the others [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

Well we will see if I watch next week or not.

Oh yes, the subtitles were in french, kind of slightly ruins it when you are watching in english.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2005 02:15      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Heh, it was a slight shock to see Dominic Monaghan the same height as the others [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

I wasn't the only who thought so, eh?...

Actually, I recently saw something with the guy who played Samwise in it (His name escapes me at the moment)... Personally, I think they chose the right guy to play that part ::shrugs::

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2005 07:32      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:
Actually, I recently saw something with the guy who played Samwise in it (His name escapes me at the moment)... Personally, I think they chose the right guy to play that part ::shrugs::

You're referring to Sean Astin. Super nice guy. At GenCon a couple years ago, he signed the DVD box set of Return of the King for a fan group I belong to, for our yearly auction benefiting Literacy Volunteers of America. There's a longer story to it, but the short version is Astin made the Con people refund what was paid for the autograph (in the official con line) when he overheard that it would later be auctioned for "one of [his] favorite charities". I believe he sent my group a note to the effect that he thought what we were doing was wonderful and that if he's ever at that con again, let him know so he can help us.
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2005 02:01      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:

You're referring to Sean Astin. Super nice guy. At GenCon a couple years ago, he signed the DVD box set of Return of the King for a fan group I belong to, for our yearly auction benefiting Literacy Volunteers of America.
Okay, I am going to be pedantic here
[Razz] [Wink]

I was at that GenCon, the first in Indy and it was 2003.

Now Return of the King came out in december 2003 so I would like to know how you managed to get hold of a DVD box set before the film even hit the screens? [Confused]

<ducks quickly before GG can hit him>

--------------------
Evil AI at work.

Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2005 08:02      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now Return of the King came out in december 2003 so I would like to know how you managed to get hold of a DVD box set before the film even hit the screens? [Confused]

<ducks quickly before GG can hit him>

Ok, so I goofed. It must have been the Fellowship or Two Towers DVD. I was there for the auction, but not the signing. Also, since it was GenCon, it's a safe bet I wasn't exactly sober at the time of the auction.

And yes, SwissMerc, I will hit you for that. I will wait until you make it to another GenCon and do it in person. [Razz]

BTW... Yesterday, I bought my plane tickets for this year's GenCon. [Smile]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture