homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Anyone a Lost fan? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anyone a Lost fan?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 02, 2005 13:22      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit I like this show. [Smile]

ABC has posted a hidden Flash teaser on the site of Oceanic Air... details on how to find it using Hurley's "lucky" numbers are here.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 22:10      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes a fan here. Sheesh all that work for teaser, that shows nothing!?
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 22:46      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen nearly as many of the episodes as I would like. I understand they are moving it back an hour for the next season, so I should be able to catch more episodes in the future.

I also didn't tune in right away because I wasn't expecting the type of show it turned out to be. I've found quite a few people had the same preconceptions, too.

The site is interesting, but I'm not surprised they seem to be avoiding spoilers. That show benefits from keeping things fairly mysterious.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 23:25      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are starting it over from the beginning (for the 3rd time now I think!) on June 8th.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 09:09      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not a lost fan. i am a lost addict. that show rocks my world almost as much as 24 does.
Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 09:35      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is Snupy, and I'm a Lostoholic.

Believe it or not, I'm prepaying my friends to tape the new episodes in the fall and ship them to England once a month for me!!

Mr Snupy has to get a multiregional vhs player as well as dvd. Does anyone know if the TV has to be multiregional capable also??? You can only get them on the net-in the stores there, they are not allowed to tell you if the machine is multiregional!!!! I don't get that!!

EDIT: If anyone has a dvd-recordable system, and wants to work something out to mail copies to me, pm me!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 09:37      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
I have to admit I like this show. [Smile]

ABC has posted a hidden Flash teaser on the site of Oceanic Air... details on how to find it using Hurley's "lucky" numbers are here.

I tried that last week, Snaggy-but what's the big deal?? Am I missing something?? is there some pattern to where they're seated???Can you pm me, if you dont want to spoil it for others!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 11:13      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snupy: the pattern is described in the series, and you probably havent gotten to the episode so i wont spoil it (if you have seen it and i just misunderstood my apologies)

on a related side note
Nina, badass hot villainess on 24 seasons 1-3, will be guest starring in the second episode of next season on lost. sweeet [thumbsup]

--------------------
its been a while

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 11:28      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<snupy: the pattern is described in the series, and you probably havent gotten to the episode so i wont spoil it if you have seen it and i just misunderstood my apologies

I've seen the whole season-I'm still in the states. I know what the #'s are and the order, but is there any clue on that site other than where they are sitting on the plane -any significance to that-cause they are not in rows tied to the #'s.

I did notice if you check the flight status, the #'s are all used for flight times, gates, etc except they have a time when it arrived in LAX, which makes no sense!

pm me!

BTW, MR Snupy is not very amused that my main concern right now is whether I get to see Lost next year!!!

--------------------

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 11:44      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think there is any significance, other than it being a clever way to hide the teaser. i think that was the estimated arrival time, since the creators said that the people arent in an alternate reality

--------------------
its been a while

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 11:51      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It gives estimated arrival time and actual arrival time, though..

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 05, 2005 12:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that means they are duplicates. The first plane arrived safely, a second plane was created by evil forces and crashed on the island.

[Razz]

Edit: Spike cool! .. Nina on Lost. I bet she's a pirate. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 12:31      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still trying to figure out all the conspiracies in The X-Files.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 12:47      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe that means they are duplicates. The first plane arrived safely, a second plane was created by evil forces and crashed on the island.

[Razz]

[Big Grin]

SERIOUSLY, though-what does it mean??? I need to know!!! They did it for a raeson on that site??!

arrrggghhhh!!! [crazy]

--------------------

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 13:15      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or they might be screwing with us. [crazy]

--------------------
its been a while

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 14:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard there was a dingo on that plane
</old-aussie-running-joke>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
chef855
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 16:59      Profile for chef855     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to track flight 500 and, well you'll see. Also, anybody notice that there is a destination JJA (JJ Abrams)? There is also a hidden script, and other misc. hidden on the site...
Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 19:19      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. D'oh!!!! None of the Flash images showed when I went to that site before, just the names of people in the seats. That's why I was thinking, "how lame!"""

--------------------

californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 23:45      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*spoilers*
*spoilers*
*spoilers*
*spoilers*
*spoilers*
*spoilers*
http://www.oceanic-air.com/images/oa_front-letter1a.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapinguari

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 23:49      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Razz]

Edit: Spike cool! .. Nina on Lost. I bet she's a pirate. [Big Grin]

****ANOTHER SPOILER*****
Apparently right before Boone died, when he was on the radio, if you capture and enhance the audio, he seems to be talking to either himself, or other survivors (cant find the source, and dont remember). This opens the possibilities for multiple dimensions in the story, but I doubt it. Its adventure, not sci fi theory shows.

Snaggy- you should see if you can get some [hide] tags like IPB.

--------------------
lol

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2005 07:33      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the creators confirmed in a tv guide interview that the voice on the radio said, "We are the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815". They wanted it left open as to whether it was Boone's voice coming back to him or someone else's. A lot of people thought they heard, "There were no survivors of...", and they wanted to clear that up.

JJ Abrams is brilliant-as any Alias fan would have already known!!

--------------------

californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2005 08:36      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone notice the driver of the enemy boat? The one who threw the homemade grenade? Seemed to be a young (maybe... 16 year old?) woman.

My sister made me pause that in Tivo, kudos to her

--------------------
lol

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2005 09:39      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that might be rosseaus relative. as there is an alex rosseau credited in the first episode next season courtesy of imdb.

--------------------
its been a while

chef855
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2005 17:37      Profile for chef855     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't Alex the name of the child that the french woman (Danielle?) lost??
Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2005 20:14      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. Speculation on forums is that it's her.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture