homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Business Card Composer review

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Business Card Composer review
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 24, 2005 11:45      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently wrote a review of BeLight Software's Business Card Composer... you can find it here...

http://www.geekculture.com/blurbs/reviews/BusinessCardComposer.html

I like it!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2005 19:56      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Have reviews been a regular feature in the past that I've somehow missed, or are they new? And do you want user reviews (not that I have anything to review now, but...)?
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 24, 2005 21:13      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've done a few official reviews over the years, it's not something we want to do all the time, but every now and then it's fun.

We greatly encourage user reviews, hence this section of the Forums. [Smile]

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2005 21:25      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. Which users would you like me to review? [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 24, 2005 21:36      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol csk... we try keep those reviews to the SuperFan Forum. [Razz]
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2005 05:57      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Excellent. Which users would you like me to review? [Wink]

We already saw MTB Babe's backside. How many other user rearviews do you need?

Oh, misread that. My bad. [Wink]

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 26, 2005 02:21      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been checking out one of their other apps Mail Factory. It aims to fill one of the gaping holes in the Mac OS Address Book, which is that you can only print labels/envelopes as either Name, Address or Company Name, Address, as opposed to something like Name, Job Title/Department, Company Name, Address. In case some others of you face this problem, this is my conclusion after looking at 4 apps.

Mail Factory produces the best looking, and most legible output, but it is extremely slow, slightly buggy, and $40. Its nearest rival Imprint is half that price, and is much simpler to use, fast and relatively bug free, but the labels it produces are sometimes in an excessively small point size, and less customisable. Chronos also have SOHO Labels and Envelopes at $30. This one has the most complex and baffling interface of all the apps. I may have missed something but I just could not get it to work. Blank fields in an address entry produced blank lines on the output, and I could not get the labels to resize automatically so the last line of an address was often lost off the bottom of a label. There is also a freeware app Pearlabelizer, but I could not make that work either.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 26, 2005 06:03      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also use Mail factory. Although it was slightly buggy, the developers were very responsive to my e-mail questions. (I was using the previous version and have not yet tried the newest version.) The Tiger version of address book seems to print labels better than the Panther version, but you still can't add clip art and such.
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture