homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Old Game/New Game

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old Game/New Game
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2005 19:42      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I was surfing around and looked up 10six to see what kind of old memories i could find still floating around on the net. And lo and behold it has been rebuilt as Project Visitor.

Now I loved this game before and now it has had many of the bugs that plauged the first one ironed out and many of the skins have been updated to look nice and spiffy.

The basic premis of the game is that it is a FPS RTS MMO yeah it is all 3 and does them all well. the website, if you want to learn more, is at www.projectvisitor.com/ it only costs 3$ to purchase the game and 12$ a month to play it. I highly recomend just checking it out for a month. If you don't like it you are out a movie ticket. If you do, you will be adicted beyone all belief.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2005 05:30      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a movie ticket costs you $12, I pity you. I get $6-7 at my (preferred) local theater, depending on whether student discounts are allowed at that movie or not, and no more than $8-9 in the city.
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2005 23:00      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by magefile:
If a movie ticket costs you $12, I pity you. I get $6-7 at my (preferred) local theater, depending on whether student discounts are allowed at that movie or not, and no more than $8-9 in the city.

But even then, there's nothing to watch. The Gnome makes a point.

Now my poison, WoW, is a far more expensive breed...

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 18:20      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he he yeah, I pay for both that game and WoW... ohhh I need another job now.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2005 10:09      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol windows.

movies here cost 10-12 dollars, but my employer gives them pizza in exchange for free passes [Wink]

edit:

someone should remake bolo

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2005 17:22      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in this game, there was a problem with lag. There was a bad database script and it was fixed the other day and now it is blazingly fast. Instead of a 2-3 minute wait for some things that everyone was acustomed to waiting for, it now takes about 2-3 seconds. Great game run by a great guy.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture