homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » There is a disturbance in the Force

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There is a disturbance in the Force
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 03:55      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apologies if this isn't new news.

The official Teaser Trailer has been released. This link was working on Saturday and Sunday morning, it is currently only meant to be available to the 'paying' Star Wars fans (don't get me started on that one), however, has been 'leaked'.

And here is the link.... Teaser Trailer.

The first half reminds you of how we got to the point we are at now from Star Wars to Attack of the Clones.
I hope as with the other trailers GL hasn't put most of the good stuff in the trailer.

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 08:34      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I saw before The Incredibles it looked like most of it was just footage and voiceovers from the first movies. It does look like Yoda will kick some major butt. (So why was he frail and hiding out on Dagobah in the original trilogy? I guess we'll find out.)

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 08:51      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
So why was he frail and hiding out on Dagobah in the original trilogy?

He figured if Luke was at least as whiny as Anakin, then he wanted to be a long way away?

Or, more seriously, he was basically the last surviving light-side Jedi (other than Obi-Wan), so it would make sense to retreat and hope to regroup some day. Besides, he was already partly frail in Eps I and II.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 12:25      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it, and then showed it to my boss. He's one very excited labrat.
Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 13:45      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, this is explained in The Thrawn Trilogy (or maybe the Camaas books) when Luke discovers that a Jedi who uses their powers too much will pretty much always fall to the Dark Side; thus, the easiest way for Yoda to avoid the Emperor was to stay near the dark-side cave on Dagobah (its dark side and his light side together would've been difficult to detect).
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
zboy
Mini Geek
Member # 2969

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 14:25      Profile for zboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call myself a Star Wars nerd, and have not seen the trailer. Thanks for the post and reminding me what is important in life. To my defence I was at a convention all weekend with lousy internet. Yea, if I really wanted it I would have tried harder, but honestly I forgot.
Posts: 72 | From: A galaxy far, far, away ... | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
crazykidqueso05
Geek Larva
Member # 3854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 23:09      Profile for crazykidqueso05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caamas or better known as the Hand of Thrawn duology.

SW is my geekdom.

But the trailer was mostly voiceovers fro the OT, mainly cause at the time they were still doing the voice whateveryacallit for RotS.

--------------------
These boots were made for walkin' and that's what they're gonna do, theses boots are made for walkin', they're gonna walk all over you!

YIM: crazykidqueso05

Posts: 25 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2005 09:41      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I got was 'specfied sever could not be found'

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture