homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » A question about Aphex Twin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A question about Aphex Twin
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2004 11:13      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My monthly income is not the biggest in the world, I downloaded some Aphex Twin tracks, liked their music and want to buy an album, and make sure my money is well spent. What's the best one? Or if you don't like Aphex Twin, why not?

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2004 11:29      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive me for being a clueless asswad, but.. WTF is Aphex Twin.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2004 12:09      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A band

http://www.aphex-twin.com/ If this page won't load go Here

A good choice would be either

...I Care Because You Do

or

Selected Ambient Works Volume II

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2004 15:54      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to agree with Bibo -- those are the best of his albums, I think. And, coincidently, the only 2 I own.

The Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 can be a little tuneless at times, though (well, it is ambient), so if you want something with a bit more beat go for I Care Because You Do. Unfortunately, it seems that some of his very best tracks (like the Tetris Remix) can only be found on the internet...not necessarily a problem, unless you're an audio quality snob like me. [ohwell]

Anyway, happy listening. [Smile]

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Waldo
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 17:16      Profile for Waldo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aphex twin rocks (but y hasnt anybody mentioned the album drukqs yet?!?)

i had a quick question: does anybody know how he makes the rythym for his songs, for example: vordhosbn? is it just a drum machine or is it a midi controller?

Posts: 2 | From: somewhere | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 17:58      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, not familiar with Aphex Twins, but I do really like Solar Twins. You can order them on Amazon using Snaggy's link so both you and he get good stuff. Amazon has samples for you to download and listen. Their cover of "Rock the Casbah" is totally awesome! (Although it probably helps that I've never heard the original! [Razz] )

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture