homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Say it ain't so girls...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Say it ain't so girls...
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted June 29, 2008 23:19      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the?

Women prefer men with stubble for love, sex and marriage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/06/29/scistubble129.xml

Clean-shaven men finished bottom for masculinity, dominance, aggression, and social maturity, and they were the least favoured choice as a long-term partner. They came second-to-last for attractiveness.

/me softly sobs as he whimpishly clutches his razor.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 03:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smug*

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 03:45      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. I am more into a guy with a great sense of humor and personality, yes, physical attraction is important, but, if he opens his mouth and out comes STUPID then I runaway, quickly!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 06:21      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go against the flow here: clean shaven is my favorite. To me: less facial hair = more attractive, simple as that.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 07:33      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stubble burns. Nothing like some sort of embrace being cut short due to scratching and burning.

cleanshaven is best.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 09:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bwahahaha....never gotten any complaints at any rate. [Smile]

Besides, if you don't cut it all the time, it tends to be soft.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 09:58      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, were they actually changing the look of regular guys and not brad pitt and george clooney?

I'm going to stick with my razor and keep shaving.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 12:19      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman there is a big big difference between stubble and facial hair/beard.

besides with a beard you have a handy dandy place to store leftovers as a snack.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 30, 2008 12:38      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I only could be able to grow a beard...

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 13:40      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're full of shit. I don't know ANY women who prefer stubble to shaved.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 14:25      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Mrs. Tweety prefers the look of me with stubble (3–day growth). However, she always complains that the stubble hurts her. I offer to shave clean, but, she likes the look. So, I can believe the results, I just think, based on my own experience, that it only tells half the story. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 15:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tweety: I hope your .sig is deliberate...
(well, sort of...)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 05:19      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well at first I thought the conclusion was highly
unlikely but then I realized the article was refering
to facial hair [Razz]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 06:51      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually do prefer stubble to clean-shaven, too - though an actual beard is immeasurably the best look [thumbsup] ... However, clean-shaven is vastly preferable than vain attempts to grow facial hair if your follicles just aren't up to the task... [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 13:35      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dman – Didn't even think about that one, though my sig is multi-layered in meaning. A little psychology, a little S&M, some BDSM. Whatever it is at the moment that brings me pleasure. [evil]

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 18:21      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The study doesn't have the guys talking. It simply shows what a woman feels at first glance.

Later, she'll have him shave, change the way he cooks, cleans and dresses; nag him about the time he spends online, in the gym, and drinking beer; cajole him into spending lavishly on dinner, diamonds and vacations and finally complain about not having enough money in the bank at the end of the month.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 04:39      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My preference is a mustache and goatee and a bit of stubble. (Not a fan of just the mustache by itself, though.) Don't really like the full beard, either, when it tends toward Stallmanesque. That is not attractive (to me). Some men look better clean-shaven. It really depends on the guy and what suits him.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 05:20      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
Later, she'll have him shave, change the way he cooks, cleans and dresses...

... and then leave him because "he's just not the man I married".

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 20:08      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my own opinion, i shave....about once a week, just for comfort's sake, i like the airflow over the face for cooling purposes. but i also think i look better with a bit of stubble. as for a prospective date/wife/etc, if she decides no based on the existance or lack there of of minor facial hair, that's her decision, and i don't really care

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 21:04      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on the guy. Stubble is uncomfortable so if the guy can rock the facial hair I prefer he keeps it tidy and soft. The style of the facial hair depends on whoever's wearing it. Not everyone can do a goatee, a soul patch, a full beard, etc. I've never seen a mustache sans beard I liked. Some guys, like my cousin, look like little boys without beards, others look like serial killers with beards. Kreziserb looks like a serial killer when he's clean-shaven so I prefer it if he does his goatee with a mustache thing. But sometimes he screws up with the trim and takes it all off. My brother and my labmates really need to stay clean-shaven.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
shentzu
Geek
Member # 2253

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted July 29, 2008 14:06      Profile for shentzu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hrmm, opposites attract i guess, i prefer clean shaven.

errr, wait, faces? nevermind, guess that doesn't apply.....

--------------------
Set a man by a fire and you keep him warm for a day, but set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 108 | From: here and there | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture