homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » HELP! Date tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP! Date tonight
Veronica
Maximum Newbie
Member # 12054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 06:09      Profile for Veronica         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a date tonight. (yeah a tuesday..I don't know what to wear, we are just going out to dinner and maybe for a few drinks...any suggestions? I was thinking a dress

--------------------
Makeup is my Art<3
m&j

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 06:14      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The canonical answer would of course be "naked + beer". Though I'm going to go with "can't tell what would look good on you unless you send pics" [Wink]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 07:22      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're asking geeks this, of all things? [Smile]

I'd say just be yourself. He should like you for who you are, not what you wear.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 08:02      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a what tonight? [Confused]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 11:14      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go with something similar to what he has seen you in and has liked. Time to experiment is later on (unless this is all ready into that teritory).

But you can't go wrong with Stibbons advice.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 13:16      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to suggest something that fits reasonably well, but not too tight. I'd also stick with colors that aren't blindingly bright. Once you get that far, the only other thing that will significantly affect most guys is how much cleavage and leg you show.

Basically if you don't look like a clown or a prostitute, you'll find most guys are okay with how you're dressed.

And there's always a few who don't mind those extremes either...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 13:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

I dunno - I have a date all day...another one tomorrow. In fact, I've got 366 of them lined up for next year. Didn't quite know they were in shortage and only existed in the evening for some.

*slinks off to check out this new place I've heard of...that has some loose stuff around...loose tea, that is!*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 14:18      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually a dyslexic superhero... and I have a date with density.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 14:33      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:

Basically if you don't look like a clown or a prostitute, you'll find most guys are okay with how you're dressed.

And there's always a few who don't mind those extremes either...

I do have this one fantasy about a prostitute clown.

Basically I pick her up in a Mini and we...

Well let's say it ends up with us, seltzer water, cream pies and balloon animals.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 16:09      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be too late. I usually wear nice slacks with a dressier top, unless the place I'm going to dinner is more formal. However I think the most important thing is to stick with your personal style. And also ignore most of the male advice in this topic [Smile]
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 16:31      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proof that one has spent too much time on Free Rice and other-wordy pursuits...I stopped dead in my tracks at 'dressier' and pondered "What kind of garment is that?" [Razz] About a second later I realized "Oh, duh." Then, I visited my old friend, the OED, and found it isn't present. However, "dressing-gowned" is a word -- something isn't quite right about that.

Further aside: How many folks use this in daily conversation?
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=administrivia

(And if so, how the heck do you say it without getting tongue-tied.)

'Tis a handy word/phrase that isn't exactly real...and the kind of work I try to delegate. I should rather like to use it, but attempts to be proper with words limits me, and I can't pronounce it. [Razz]

Aditu is probably right about the clothing advice, but I wouldn't thoroughly dismiss Steen's advice. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 18:04      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

I dunno - I have a date all day...another one tomorrow. In fact, I've got 366 of them lined up for next year. Didn't quite know they were in shortage and only existed in the evening for some.
Your hands must get tired.

*rimshot*

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 20:04      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got some good soap there, Vic?

(Good one, though. =P)

--------------------

Veronica
Maximum Newbie
Member # 12054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2007 07:42      Profile for Veronica         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahah thanks for all the replies! it went well.i ended up wearing a short black dress, heels, and little sweater...and a coat of course, it's cold....we had a nice time and then he text me later to tell me he wanted to see me again [Smile]

--------------------
Makeup is my Art<3
m&j

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2007 07:46      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you still haven't posted any pictures... [Wink]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2007 10:43      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it went well and that he wants to go out again! What did you think of him?
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture