homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » What do geek women look for in a man? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What do geek women look for in a man?
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:26      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
we have armadillos in our pants and that is kinda frightening or threatening - and yet strangely alluring too...

[Big Grin]

Strangely alluring, lol. [Big Grin]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
chromatic
Geek
Member # 164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 11:22      Profile for chromatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
And another thing, who says JESS isn't the one making all the dough? She's the one with the big writing career. Humph!!

I hope that equating lots of money with having a writer career was sarcasm...
Posts: 223 | From: Squeaky First Geek House | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 19:54      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it wasn't. The implication was that Jess was interested in her husband for his money and my suggestion was that she didn't need it, she was quite capable of making money on her own.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
chromatic
Geek
Member # 164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 10:44      Profile for chromatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
No, it wasn't. The implication was that Jess was interested in her husband for his money and my suggestion was that she didn't need it, she was quite capable of making money on her own.

Money, yes... but lots of money as a writer? Nah. Trust me. [Smile]
Posts: 223 | From: Squeaky First Geek House | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 00:03      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Money, yes... but lots of money as a writer? Nah. Trust me. [Smile]
Someone's been down that road, I see! [Wink]

Somewhere I read that the average annual salary for most writers sums up to about $5,000 a year. Back in the 1950s and 1960s you could make that off a single story in a magazine (many used to exist). Now you're lucky to break even. Sad, really! [Frown]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 04:24      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, it is butts.

-

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 14:05      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fs: that pic reminds me of a kitten I met once, when he was still very tiny, he'd climb your clothes and sit on your shoulder as long as you would let him. it's kind of amusing to look down and see a kitten hanging from your pants that you had no idea was there

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 14:54      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I had a kitten it decided to do that trick on me...

Trouble was I was only wearing a thin cotton "kimono" style robe at the time and shaving at the sink... (you can imagine the effect - I might as well have been nekkid really - as the needle sharp claws ran up me leg, butt and back... Yowwww!!!)

[Eek!] [weep] [blush]

Oh yeah and that kitten looks damn like the one I am talking about

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture