homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » What do geek women look for in a man? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What do geek women look for in a man?
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 17:05      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a geek, so I was wondering if the things I would look for and value in a man are the same things geek women would. (I would imagine they are) But equal time here. We already heard from the men on the subject, so any women who would like to share, I'd be curious to hear what you have to say. Thanks.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 19:35      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm an obsessive writing geek who loves Algebra (OMG! ALGEBRA!!!f(x)!!!) because it's fun and enjoys learning the chemistry behind baking and cooking. I assume it qualifies me as a geekess.

What I look(ed) for in a man: someone to teach me new things about the world. My first "real" boyfriend (dating time >5 weeks) was a Physics Major at the science college across the street. I was passionate about him. He was passionate about his computer, his pet rat, his pet fish, his school work . . . and we ended badly, though better than most.

Then I trolled CalTech. It sounds really dorky, but I really loved being there, and the guys were always so sexy to me. I remember this one Apache . . . well, it was always nice to be around them, even sitting quietly while they studied.

WinterSolstice is naturally intellectual; he seeks knowledge voraciously and has difficulty with people who unapologetically are unwilling to better themselves at anything. Because of him, I wrote and published a book. Because of him, I got out of the mindset that success was only defined by the American Dream of car-house-kids-dog-shiny-crap-and-fat-paycheck.

He demands I think outside of the confines of suburbia. For that, he is everything I want.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 20:32      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happen to like my shiny car and fat paycheck, TYVM. [Big Grin]

But yes, stuff is stuff. It's nice, but not the point. Just the score.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 20:38      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just_Jess_B wrote:
the American Dream of car-house-kids-dog-shiny-crap-and-fat-paycheck.

WinterSolstice's Avatar:
 -

Ummm...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 20:53      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Just_Jess_B wrote:
the American Dream of car-house-kids-dog-shiny-crap-and-fat-paycheck.

WinterSolstice's Avatar:
 -

Ummm...

And he's worth every battery.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 21:12      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have thought you'd spring for the AC adapter

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 21:15      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AC adapter. [Big Grin]

So Jess, it sounds to me that you wanted someone who pushed you and challenged you to be your best. [thumbsup] (and the bike shorts were just an 'added bonus' .. ?) sure. *wink, wink* shhh.

Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 21:27      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
AC adapter. [Big Grin]

So Jess, it sounds to me that you wanted someone who pushed you and challenged you to be your best. [thumbsup] (and the bike shorts were just an 'added bonus' .. ?) sure. *wink, wink* shhh.

It wasn't the shorts but what was in them that really gave me pause . . .

--------------------

TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 06:35      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone who's as smart or smarter than I am. Someone who enjoys the same games/computer fun as I do.
Someone who also has a life off the computer.

Motorcycle and leather jackets don't hurt, either.

Oh, and a kinky side, too.

Maybe I'm asking too much [Razz]

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 06:40      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
Someone who's as smart or smarter than I am. Someone who enjoys the same games/computer fun as I do.
Someone who also has a life off the computer.

Motorcycle and leather jackets don't hurt, either.

Oh, and a kinky side, too.

Maybe I'm asking too much [Razz]

I don't know how smart you are so I can't comment on that. Although I doubt anyone meets for a first date and throws down their IQ on the table and/or their mensa card.
But check on all the others. Especially the kinky, the motorcycles and leather jackets.
Unfortunately, I'm taken [Smile]
But I know someone who is a great match to your requirements. I don't think he's taken.

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 08:39      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:

His penis! [Applause]

(right?)

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 10:42      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
quote:

His penis! [Applause]

(right?)

Don't be silly max. It was the W-A-L-L-E-T.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 11:47      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you suggesting his W-A-L-L-E-T was bigger and more fun to play with that his P-E-E-P-E-E-W-I-E-N-I-E? Cause you know, that's pretty insulting.

And besides, there's just so much fun you can have with a wallet. [Roll Eyes]

WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 11:51      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As fun as this is... I suspect that neither are really the only things most geek women look for in a man [Smile]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 11:59      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
As fun as this is... I suspect that neither are really the only things most geek women look for in a man [Smile]

Exactly. WS's butt is exquisite, too.

Oh, and cyclists carry their wallets in their shirts because they have no pockets in their cycling shorts.

--------------------

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:02      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photographic evidence is always welcome. [Smile]
But anyhow, we may never know. I may have left out part of the equation, anyway. Maybe geek women aren't necessarily looking for .. men. Hmm? Hmm? Anyway, it's not too hard to imagine what they want in a partner. [thumbsup]

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:03      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Oh, and cyclists carry their wallets in their shirts because they have no pockets in their cycling shorts.

Pockets shmockets. That just explains the bulge. [Big Grin]
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 15:59      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of scientific evidence boo, we would welcome any you could provide of yourself also. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:32      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You expect me to show you my bulges?
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:34      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup!

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:01      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have armadillos in our pants and that is kinda frightening or threatening - and yet strangely alluring too...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
we have armadillos in our pants and that is kinda frightening or threatening - and yet strangely alluring too...

[Big Grin]

Oh! So that's what's smooth and hard... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:16      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serenak wrote:

Have you seen the claws on those things? There's nothing alluring about having those near your goodies [Eek!]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 19:23      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
Are you suggesting his W-A-L-L-E-T was bigger and more fun to play with that his P-E-E-P-E-E-W-I-E-N-I-E?

No. Merely suggesting the attraction for the one may be greater than the other. Which depends more on the female than the male.

But who knows, boo? Since you're the one that brought it up. Why not ask Jess or WS?

--------------------

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:25      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will do no such thing. I don't know Jess well at all, but it's never once crossed my mind that she is the type of woman who would go after a man for his money. And I don't know WS, either, so I have no idea if he even HAS any money, anyway. And another thing, who says JESS isn't the one making all the dough? She's the one with the big writing career. Humph!!

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture