homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » What the heck? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What the heck?
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2006 18:55      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's all the threads? [Confused]
Surely you guys like girls?

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2006 20:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure...but said threads are a whole other story.

Anyway, since this is your thread, let me say the following to you:

Please stop necroposting! I went to the 'Active Topics' page, and something like 40% of the threads were last posted to by you. You really don't have to 'me too' them all...let sleeping threads lie.

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 11:05      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So participation is discouraged here?
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 11:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Participation is encouraged. Necroposting, however, tends to get a chilly reception. Basically, if a thread hasn't been posted to in more than a month and you post to it, the regulars will complain a bit. I don't mind much because some of the old threads were interesting.

That said, welcome to the forums and post to your heart's content [Smile]

Oh, and many of us are interested in women. My own interest is in one particular one who occasionally reads these forums, but hasn't registered or posted and probably never will.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 11:32      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtf is a girl? [Confused]
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 11:35      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:

It's something soft and curvey that you like. [Smile]

Oh, and it has a mouth. [Roll Eyes] (there's always a catch)

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 11:36      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Participation is encouraged. Necroposting, however, tends to get a chilly reception. Basically, if a thread hasn't been posted to in more than a month and you post to it, the regulars will complain a bit. I don't mind much because some of the old threads were interesting.

That said, welcome to the forums and post to your heart's content [Smile]

Oh, and many of us are interested in women. My own interest is in one particular one who occasionally reads these forums, but hasn't registered or posted and probably never will.

Thanks Steen, I wasn't going to pay any attention to him, anyway. [Wink] (that's a silly "rule.") Good luck with your lady friend. I'm an expert in that department, so if you ever need advice, just let me know. [Big Grin]
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 11:40      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
Thanks Steen, I wasn't going to pay any attention to him, anyway. [Wink] (that's a silly "rule.")

Thanks, I feel the love. [Wink]

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it is not an uncommon view around these parts.

Now then, I could find quite the facetious response to your comment to maximile, but I'll be good. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 11:50      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Thanks Steen, I wasn't going to pay any attention to him, anyway. [Wink] (that's a silly "rule.")

Now then, I could find quite the facetious response to your comment to maximile, but I'll be good. [Big Grin]

Okay, so let's start fresh. [Smile] But just so you know, saying stuff like that to n00bs is not particularly helpful. Maybe there's a thread somewhere that explains these things, but if there is, I didn't see it.

And don't complain about the number of posts I make. (I think at that point I had made a "whopping" 12 or something. And that was over two days.) Women have more to say then men. [Razz] PLUS, I am new so I did that intro thread thing. And I commented on a couple of threads and asked a question or two. That's really not that unreasonable. *hmph* (Got any hmphing smileys around here? I can see I'll be needing one [Roll Eyes] )

As for your other comment, No comment. [Big Grin]

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 19:35      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Why be good though, someone's literally begging for it.

"What do you mean there's a catch? It's a great feature, actualy - you can put it to a good use and let the lad enjoy a few minutes of silence."

[evil]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 19:41      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:

It's something soft and curvey that you like. [Smile]

Pictures, girl, pictures! These young geeks around here need to see pictures of you. They're not for my benefit. Hell, lassie, I'm a 56 year old fart who's been (and is still) happily married for over 2/3's of that time. I'm just trying to help you all get hooked up.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 19:47      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great, garlicguy. [Smile] And I might have, given half a chance to get comfortable here. But at this rate, there are too many weirdo's so I doubt I'll be posting my pic anytime soon.
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 19:49      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
quote:
quote:

Why be good though, someone's literally begging for it.

"What do you mean there's a catch? It's a great feature, actualy - you can put it to a good use and let the lad enjoy a few minutes of silence."

[evil]

I meant, we tend to TALK a lot more then men!!
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 00:44      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not trying to dirty the mood, but why did you make two seperate posts in the space of 2 mintues? [crazy]

Oh, and the weirdo's tend to stay in the dark areas of the forums, you'll be safe, post the pic!

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 02:15      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe if you want to draw attention to a word in your post by putting it in bold, it's best to spell it rite [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 02:47      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt it will cause too much confusion...
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 09:32      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's great, garlicguy. [Smile] And I might have, given half a chance to get comfortable here. But at this rate, there are too many weirdo's so I doubt I'll be posting my pic anytime soon.

You didn't expect to find a bunch of weirdos in a geek forum? [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 10:09      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Define "weirdo".
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 10:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
weirdo
Pronunciation: 'wir-(")dO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural weird·os
: a person who is extraordinarily strange or eccentric

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 13:02      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
weirdo's

Eek! Grocer's apo'strophe!
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 13:42      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maybe.logic:
I'm not trying to dirty the mood, but why did you make two seperate posts in the space of 2 mintues? [crazy]

What is this bizarre obsession you people have with posts?!!! [Confused] This is a freaking discussion forum, is it not? Am I missing something here?! I'm totally serious .. what is there some sort of rule, you may make a post, but then you must wait at least 10 minutes or until at least 3 other posters (preferabbly oldbies who joined prior to 2003) post in said thread. Only then you may post again. [Roll Eyes]

I don't get it and I think it's totally weird, to be honest. I don't post, then sit here staring at my computer for 10 minutes, then post again, etc. I'm not here all day. I jump on, check the threads, make a comment and go. If that means there are several comments by me in a row .. who the hell cares? [Confused] [Confused]

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 13:47      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
Define "weirdo".

Weirdo - (in the context that I was using it, anyway) [Smile] An older, established, stuck in a rutt poster who thinks their join date makes them special, so they decide to jump on a newbie for every minute "infraction." You posted more than once! [Eek!] The nerve! You posted in a thread that hasn't been posted in in a week! [Eek!] You made TWO posts in the space of TWO minutes, you lunatic!!! [Eek!] And on top of all that, you didn't give us complete (and ohhh so friendly strangers) the minute details of your life including your home address, social security number and intimate photos. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 13:52      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by maybe.logic:

What is this bizarre obsession you people have with posts?!!! [Confused] This is a freaking discussion forum, is it not? Am I missing something here?! I'm totally serious .. what is there some sort of rule, you may make a post, but then you must wait at least 10 minutes or until at least 3 other posters (preferabbly oldbies who joined prior to 2003) post in said thread. Only then you may post again. [Roll Eyes]

I don't get it and I think it's totally weird, to be honest. I don't post, then sit here staring at my computer for 10 minutes, then post again, etc. I'm not here all day. I jump on, check the threads, make a comment and go. If that means there are several comments by me in a row .. who the hell cares? [Confused] [Confused]

Some people here take pride in thier post count.
They think that a post with a higher post count below it has more weight in a discusion.

I belive it is the content of the post that should carry the weight.

I say go for 1000 your first month, just as long as you are adding to the discusion.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 13:57            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why people kick up such a fuss, I really don't. Or why some people pre-emptively complain on behalf of others who I imagine would have said nothing (so thanks for causing more trouble than was needed).

Just be thankful you didn't write any posts -- or your signature -- in leet, else you'd have been chewed up, spat out and burnt at the stake. (Maybe for good reason as leet is hard to read for some.)

It's hard to say "don't worry about it" when you know that people are going to hijack your threads with attempts to drive you off. Maybe it's a secret endurance test to see if you can withstand trolling but it's only a drill and they all love you really?

One of the people who picked on you, I'd ignore, as while he's a decent bloke, does still go for people he considers "lesser" without good reason and that's sad as I feel it's unjustified. The other, I'd really not take it personally, I don't think you have any reason to worry about him.

Alas, for the less-than-thick-skinned, this place can and will drive you to despair for many reasons. But since you're not a geek (by your admission) you will probably do better here than the nerdier folk who are more likely to be turned away :)

Dealing with humans is hard work, though, and fraught with rejection. But everyone knows that by now.

IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 14:03      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhmmm, quality versus quantity? And maybe some common sense thrown in for good measure? I don't know. I'm just throwing it out there.
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture