homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » what colors do the ladies like to see on a guy? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: what colors do the ladies like to see on a guy?
mike_INTJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 04:53      Profile for mike_INTJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been researching what colors i should wear. usually i'm in the dark range of color choices, usually solids, in a t-shirt form. i rarily venture into the brighter range. but i've been trying to improve myself bit by bit. started wearing sandals outdoor, i always kept my feet hidden. i once bleached my hair with terrible results (most hated it).

but anway, i've started wearing pinks. and i got a good general reaction to the more open married ladies, who were totally shocked to see me in cotton candy pink.

i'm a white guy, brown curly hair, honey eyes. is there a color that you tend to look at more? like if someone had a specific color on, would your eyes be more likely be locked onto that one color? or is there a color that is universally pukie?

thanks

Posts: 33 | From: Westfield, NJ | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 07:48      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errrm cotton candy pink.... except for on little girls under 10 years of age... is a dreadful colour...

[Smile]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 08:05      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm... pink?

I think I will just stay with blacks and grey. Thanks.

I have a baby blue shirt in the closet. It has been on a hanger since the day I recieved it. I don't like, nor do I feel comfortable, wearing bright colors. I have been told some of them look good on me. But to me comfort trumps style any day.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 14:18      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I don't think that color theory works on girls.. like any other theory. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 14:52      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Color theory works on me... too bad I am a guy.
Posts: 118 | From: Manila | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
mike_INTJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 15:39      Profile for mike_INTJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Errrm cotton candy pink.... except for on little girls under 10 years of age... is a dreadful colour...

[Smile]

many have said that on other forums. yet oddly people like it as a polo. when i first saw the shirt, i thought - ewww, pink. but against my skin it actually works pretty well. ideally i don't think anyone should sex colors.
mike_INTJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 15:40      Profile for mike_INTJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mochan:
Color theory works on me... too bad I am a guy.

why what color(s) do you go for?
Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 15:41      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orange, green, and light blue. Oh, and pink.
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 10 posted May 27, 2006 17:39            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But... where are the ladies?!
IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 18:10      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But U,

When you are in a nice pink shirt with a fab man bag. Who needs a lady?

[evil] [evil]

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 18:40      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on good authority that it's not a manpurse. It's called a satchel. Or maybe my bro is just a little insecure...

Colors I like to see on guys... Anything that doesn't scream "I'm a metrosexual!!!" works for me. I don't like boys that spend more time grooming than I do. Makes me feel like I need to turn in my ovaries or something.

That said, unless you have a damn good excuse (ie, out in the mountains for days on end) clothes must be clean. Hair must be clean. Body must not smell. Facial hair must be tended. No visible dirt. Teeth must look like they get brushed now and then. Breath must not be gross. Etc. In other words, HYGIENE!

And speaking of smell, go easy on the cologne. No one should know you're wearing cologne unless they get real close.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, my cologne-wearing labmate has shaped up nicely.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 18:50            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the rate my sanity is dissolving I may well take you up on that, Shroom. And then you shall truly know that I have flipped :D (Or that I had one shroom too many...)

Actually, since you're a superfan, here's your golden opportunity to have an avatar different to Demos -- frilly lace perhaps? My (as of this past week) brother-in-law looks most odd in a nightgown and tiara but, whatever floats his boat. (And I presume it's not buoyancy)

Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 19:06      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not called a satchel, it's called a fag bag.
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 21:36      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon guys. What color do girls like to see? What are you? Birds that need fancy plumage to attract a female?

Back to attraction 101.

1. Grow some balls.
Interested in someone? Talk to her/him.Nervous? Scared? S'ok. Practice in low key situations. Talk with cashiers, waitresses, co-workers. Practice hello, how are you?

2. Eye contact.
When you are talking to someone, look 'em in the eye. Again, practice in low-key situations before you hit the do-or-die ones.

3.No more wall-hugging, toe-gazing walking.
Head up, shoulders back, tummy in and go forth and circulate.

4.Confidence. Believe in yourself. There is nothing more sexy than someone who is comfortable and happy within themselves.

Sigh. Next thing you know someone will be saying "this season to attract women I am dabbling in the sorbet type colors" or"Skittles. Thats it. All the world loves a rainbow"

Go forth and mingle people. Even if it is with the local barrista [Wink]

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 22:00      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:
C'mon guys. What color do girls like to see? What are you? Birds that need fancy plumage to attract a female?

Ahh the Norwegian blue. Beautiful plumage...

quote:

Sigh. Next thing you know someone will be saying "this season to attract women I am dabbling in the sorbet type colors" or"Skittles. Thats it. All the world loves a rainbow"

I can just imagine it. Get your best Barry White voice. Slink on up to some honey and say,
"MMMM yeah baby. Come on over here and taste the rainbow."

In all seriousness. Yaya is absolutely correct.

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 22:06      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFSMPL Shroom!

BTW, for future reference, Diet Coke DOES NOT feel good coming out your nose.

I'd also like to add one more thing: smile. Nothing's more attractive than a nice smile.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 23:02      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at Yaya's list, all you really need is #4. If you have that, the first 3 will fall in line.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2006 23:51            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it not possible that you can be confident that you're fine, but that people still won't accept or respect you and thus you can still be afraid of how people will react to you?
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 00:00      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, if you're confident you aren't afraid of how people will react to you. That's how confidence works.

It's been at least an hour since I saw CommanderShroom's post. I am still hearing Barry White saying "Mmm yeah, baby. Come on over here and taste the rainbow," in my head. This is not good. Not good at all.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 00:15      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Is it not possible that you can be confident that you're fine, but that people still won't accept or respect you and thus you can still be afraid of how people will react to you?

I realized after reading your post that I had left out something important. Xanthine and Firesnake hit the nail on the head.

Once you have finally learned to like and respect yourself as you are then comes the next step. One of the hardest ever actually.(In my odd opinion anyways) Learning to accept the fact that no matter what, no matter who you are, how you look, how you act,how smart you are, how much money you do/do not have, not everyone will like you. Learning to relax and not care and taking everything as it comes is the best most liberating thing I have ever mastered. I suggest everyone try to also. Because after you have reached that point the stress, doubt and worry evaporate and the sheer fun of being social takes over.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
mike_INTJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 04:36      Profile for mike_INTJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
But U,

When you are in a nice pink shirt with a fab man bag. Who needs a lady?

[evil] [evil]

there's nothing wrong with a Man's bag. a manssiere on the other hand may say something else. however a photo backpack says something else entirely...
mike_INTJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 04:38      Profile for mike_INTJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
I have it on good authority that it's not a manpurse. It's called a satchel. Or maybe my bro is just a little insecure...

Colors I like to see on guys... Anything that doesn't scream "I'm a metrosexual!!!" works for me. I don't like boys that spend more time grooming than I do. Makes me feel like I need to turn in my ovaries or something.

That said, unless you have a damn good excuse (ie, out in the mountains for days on end) clothes must be clean. Hair must be clean. Body must not smell. Facial hair must be tended. No visible dirt. Teeth must look like they get brushed now and then. Breath must not be gross. Etc. In other words, HYGIENE!

And speaking of smell, go easy on the cologne. No one should know you're wearing cologne unless they get real close.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, my cologne-wearing labmate has shaped up nicely.

is there any one or groupings of stuff that makes someone look more metro-sexual then anything else?

and does body type matter anymore?

mike_INTJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 04:41      Profile for mike_INTJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
ROTFSMPL Shroom!

BTW, for future reference, Diet Coke DOES NOT feel good coming out your nose.

I'd also like to add one more thing: smile. Nothing's more attractive than a nice smile.

smile with your lips or your teeth?

either way people ask why i'm so happy - and i frankly have nothing to say. plus it makes me face hurt.

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 07:36      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Mr Mike. Here we are in BB 101. You can add more than one quote to a post. It helps keep the thread span blues away. Try it, it feels good. Mmm yeah. [evil]

quote:
Originally posted by mike_INTJ:
there's nothing wrong with a Man's bag. a manssiere on the other hand may say something else. however a photo backpack says something else entirely...

Why should anyone that isn't getting any take my advice? Perhaps because I do and I have gotten some sweet, sweet lovin' from t3h h0t chixx0rz? And last check of my wardrobe there is nothing remotely metrosexual about any of it. And thanks, but I will stick to my old motorcycle bag for the tools and such and a wallet for everything else. If it can't fit into those, then I guess it stays home.

quote:
Originally posted by mike_INTJ:
smile with your lips or your teeth?

either way people ask why i'm so happy - and i frankly have nothing to say. plus it makes me face hurt.

You don't have to look like a stoned dunce. Xan means smile when appropriate. When you speak to someone, when they speak to you. A straight face is more than ok between conversations. And don't wander around the office looking like you suck on lemons in your down time. Then when you talk to someone, brighten up your voice, smile (big smile, small smile doesn't matter) and look at them like they are important. Make them feel like they matter. Fer chrissakes, why is this so damned difficult? You know how that makes you feel when others smile at you. Now go and do the same thing. Look at the stuff that makes you feel good when people do it for you, then do it for others.

Decency, respect, and genuine attitude of caring is all that anyone needs.

And if that doesn't work. Buy a Corvette, the ladies love them.

/me sings

My darling, I can't get enough of your love babe
Girl, I don't know, I don't know why
Can't get enough of your love babe

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2006 15:33      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO, t3h h0t chixx0rz couldn't care less about the color of the shirt, as long as they like what's inside that said shirt [Wink]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture