homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » How do you get girls to like you (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: How do you get girls to like you
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 02:57      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:
How do I get girls to like me? I smile really big all the time with a sort of manic glee and they mistake it for confidence. The trick is not to tell too many jokes~ the idiocy underlying the smile becomes painfully obvious after a certain number of jokes.
I'm educated-stupid.

A good sense of humor is important, but sometimes jokes and goofing around can be a turn off. There needs to be a balance. It's annoying when one is trying to be romantic and intimate and the other person keeps cracking jokes or something. But then, serious all the time would be aggravating too, and boring. Synchronizing serious and playful moods would be ideal but that requires some sort of mood check to be implemented and I have it on good authority that actually *asking* is also a turn off, though I've never been able to figure out why exactly. Maybe make-believe telepathy is sexy to people? Luckily for me, if the possibility of sex lurks somewhere over the horizon, men are much more tolerant of that sort of idiosyncracy than women.

I'd generalize about all girls, but it's probably just me.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 10:54      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultimately, fs, it would appear that everything is important, in its time, to its extent, but can easily become a turn-off. If I hadn't sworn myself to scholastic abstinence just a bit ago I'd be frustrated about that right now.

On another note, what's with these women who hoot out their car/truck windows? Do they think it's going to get them laid? Do they suppose that any bit of beef who responds positively to the treatment isn't going to be diseased? Yes, I have a nice ass, and yes, I shake it a bit when I walk, but that's no reason to objectify me. I go home with women who treat me like a human being and not a chipendales dancer (well, I could use the tip money, actually...).

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 11:04      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... I have a nice ass, and yes, I shake it a bit when I walk...

Say what?? [blush] Really? [Eek!] Do tell, what makes you think that? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 14:54      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to defend what I said. Just gonna leave it out there. [crazy]

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 15:16      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Yes, I have a nice ass

On behalf of a certain female forum member who will remain unnamed (and embarassed that I did this), I am formally delivering the demand for scientific evidence.

Consider your ass to be in demand.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 16:13      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no recent photos of my ass- the most recent one was taken fourteen years ago. I will ask one of my classmates to assist with this issue next Tuesday (if the demand for evidence still stands at that time). No bare-ass shots, but I'm game for a good bent-over with trousers. I think the issue is funny enough that I'm willing to oblige. [Wink]

--------------------

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 17:49      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Waves hands, frantically* Oh, oh .. oh .. can I make a request then? [Smile] Bent over is cool, but I'd like to see one just standing, as well. And if you're so inclined, you could have your hands on your hips, with your weight resting on one leg like guys do. [thumbsup] I always like walking up behind a man standing like that, especially when he's wearing jeans ... or khaki's. [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

*Wonders if this will start some sort of wonderful trend where all the men of GC post hiney pics.*  -

Also .. *revels in the thought.* [Smile]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 18:27      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really an exhibitionist, but I play one on a forum... You're going to get me teased by my classmate for certain.

--------------------

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 18:34      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, as long as I get my cute buns pic. [thumbsup]

(Btw, I'm not the mysterious female poster Steen was alluding to.) [Wink] [Smile]

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 18:42      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, there was certainly nothing mysterious about your contribution, boo. [Wink]

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 19:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn...boo...you're a bit picky, aren't you?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 20:37      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
dragonman97 wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this comment. I think I'll go with entertained.

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 04:11      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ultimately, fs, it would appear that everything is important, in its time, to its extent, but can easily become a turn-off. If I hadn't sworn myself to scholastic abstinence just a bit ago I'd be frustrated about that right now.

This is true. And it's probably different for everyone. I blame Hollywood for indoctrinating us with the idea that romance needs to be a certain way (wooing, smoldering looks, emotional fights, tearful reconciliations). Okay, maybe it's not as dramatic to just tell someone what it is you want and have them actually listen, (and vice versa) but I don't think it's any less romantic.

quote:
On another note, what's with these women who hoot out their car/truck windows? Do they think it's going to get them laid? Do they suppose that any bit of beef who responds positively to the treatment isn't going to be diseased? Yes, I have a nice ass, and yes, I shake it a bit when I walk, but that's no reason to objectify me. I go home with women who treat me like a human being and not a chipendales dancer (well, I could use the tip money, actually...).

It probably could get them laid. I've never had anyone turn me down after I have directly propositioned them. (Of course, I don't care how great a guy's butt looks in bike shorts, the fs-go-round is closed until I've determined whether some of my more esoteric criteria is met. Please line up to the left, have your mensa cards out and ready... Tell me, do you find this joke funny? Two atoms are walking down the street when suddenly one atom stops and says to the other... Fill in the blank: Longcat is _____. Anyway. You get the idea.)

That's another one of those "say one thing, do another" examples. Men say they want to be approached. Then when you walk up to them and tell them you want sex, they claim you take the romance out of it*. But they do it anyway.

Romance tip: Do not give women over the age of 19 mix tapes (or CDs). We have a whole box full of these things. Just tell us how we make you feel rather than giving us a collection of overplayed songs, half of which we hate but are too polite to tell you we hate. And if you must make a mix tape, absolutely do not include anything by Kelly Clarkson, Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, or James Blunt.

*(Or maybe it's the part where I ask them detailed questions about their sexual history, including STDs and what high-risk behaviors they engage in. I thought men liked talking about sex.)

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 04:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woops. Meant to edit.

--------------------

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 09:19      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
fs wrote:
That's another one of those "say one thing, do another" examples. Men say they want to be approached. Then when you walk up to them and tell them you want sex, they claim you take the romance out of it*. But they do it anyway.

Well, there's a difference between juvenile twits riding together in a truck and a steamy femgeek in a hot little lab coat. If a tasty geek-fem were to proposition me in the way that only femgeeks can, then I'd probably melt into a happy puddle on the floor. I'm assuming, however, that geek-fems wouldn't honk and scream as they drive by. Those are geek-fems that I wouldn't go home with- even if I weren't scholastically abstinent.

--------------------

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 10:17      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Take me fs, take me now. [Wink]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 15:39      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be warned... you are all in danger of entering the (in)famous Capt Vic "arse pic" zone (don't ask, don't tell [Big Grin] ) I am however shameless enough to admit that Vic's sig of (!)(T) does have something to do with me - those that were here will know, as for the rest - "don't ask, as I won't tell..."

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 21:11      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No, there was certainly nothing mysterious about your contribution, boo. [Wink]

Lol. [thumbsup] I like to make my position, understood.
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 21:12      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Yes. [Smile]
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 21:20      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
I've never had anyone turn me down after I have directly propositioned them.

Well duh. [Roll Eyes] You could be so fugly you make Roseanne look good, and most guys would still do you if you just went up and propositioned them.
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Romance tip: And if you must make a mix tape, absolutely do not include anything by Kelly Clarkson, Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, or James Blunt.

Blasphemy!!! [Mad] I love James Blunt. [Big Grin] [Razz]
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

*(Or maybe it's the part where I ask them detailed questions about their sexual history, including STDs and what high-risk behaviors they engage in. I thought men liked talking about sex.)

Damn. You make me glad I'm female. But I do have a better sense of what men mean when they talk about 'psycho females.' [Eek!] [Big Grin]
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 23:28      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
I've never had anyone turn me down after I have directly propositioned them.

Well duh. [Roll Eyes] You could be so fugly you make Roseanne look good, and most guys would still do you if you just went up and propositioned them.
That was the point. Women who are direct would have to work at getting turned down. See original question.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Romance tip: And if you must make a mix tape, absolutely do not include anything by Kelly Clarkson, Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, or James Blunt.

Blasphemy!!! [Mad] I love James Blunt. [Big Grin] [Razz]

I'm sorry.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Damn. You make me glad I'm female. But I do have a better sense of what men mean when they talk about 'psycho females.' [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Yes, obviously it is a sign of mental illness to care whether or not you are about to let a random "woo-woo" launch a little HIV payload straight into your "hoo-hah" with only a thin barrier of latex as protection. It's obviously an advanced progression of this particular form of mental illness to believe that it's at all reasonable to risk offending the wielder of said "woo-woo" by asking about the possibility of this occurring. I plan on seeking treatment for this 'psycho' behavior, just as soon as Stupid Pills become available.

In the meantime, I could try listening to James Blunt on repeat as a homeopathic remedy. [Big Grin]

--------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 23:41      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Yes, obviously it is a sign of mental illness to care whether or not you are about to let a random "woo-woo" launch a little HIV payload straight into your "hoo-hah" with only a thin barrier of latex as protection. It's obviously an advanced progression of this particular form of mental illness to believe that it's at all reasonable to risk offending the wielder of said "woo-woo" by asking about the possibility of this occurring. I plan on seeking treatment for this 'psycho' behavior, just as soon as Stupid Pills become available.

In the meantime, I could try listening to James Blunt on repeat as a homeopathic remedy. [Big Grin]

I like them claws lady. I like them a lot. [Big Grin]
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 23:48      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
fs wrote:

Well, there's a difference between juvenile twits riding together in a truck and a steamy femgeek in a hot little lab coat. If a tasty geek-fem were to proposition me in the way that only femgeeks can, then I'd probably melt into a happy puddle on the floor. I'm assuming, however, that geek-fems wouldn't honk and scream as they drive by. Those are geek-fems that I wouldn't go home with- even if I weren't scholastically abstinent.
That seems like a numbers game if they are actually looking to pick up and not just being rowdy. You might not be interested but someone out there (probably lots of people out there) don't have the same set of standards. Casual sex vs relationship (even a casual relationship) have different sets of criteria. For just sex, most people's are surprisingly low.

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 23:57      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
quote:

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

I like them claws lady. I like them a lot. [Big Grin]
Claws? What claws? I see no claws here. You must be mistaken. These are not the claws you are looking for. /innocent

--------------------

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 04:57      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Nah .. the stupid part is letting the "random woo hoo" anywhere near your "hoo-hah." Well that, and asking for his mensa card, lol. [thumbsup]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture