homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » How do you get girls to like you (Page 5)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 
Author Topic: How do you get girls to like you
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:42      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't ask me. I don't even know who they are. [Confused]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:46      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boo wrote:
What I really want to know is, will coach Taylor leave Dillon? [Confused]

You can't find out the answer until you observe them and collapse their wave function.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:53      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps their individual points of view on the relationship are not commutative.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 19:18      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So.. did we ever find out if the guy that started this topic even tried the potato thing?

(See page one if in doubt)

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 20:23      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
I must agree with Mangler. You cannot make a girl like you. Although I must disagree with the theory that women know within the first five minutes of meeting you whether or not she's interested in you. They only know if they will sleep with you. Although from experience, that can change as well.

In the first five minutes? Yes, we are either interested or not. Sleep with? That's a pretty solid no. If you're interesting, you have the opportunity to turn it into a yes. (Though being genuinely interested in us regardless of the sex helps a lot in making you interesting to us.)

There's a difference between getting girls to like you and picking them up. Most of your advice seems geared toward the latter. (Not judgement, just observation.)

Apologies. i had no intention to steer anyone wrong. I have always been good with women. Never had to give it thought. My advice at best is based on the miniscule amounts of introspection that I required with respect to women and liking and all that. In my world, if I got a woman's number, it was a how you say "home run" after that. Not in the "i slept with every girl whose number i ever had" sorta way at all but a "it just worked out and lasted" kinda way.
*shrug.

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Posts: 795 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:34      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Don't ask me. I don't even know who they are. [Confused]

Mister-quantum-physics-smarty-pants doesn't know what I'm talking about. Well that's quite the switcheroo. [Razz]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 02:21      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Don't ask me. I don't even know who they are. [Confused]

Mister-quantum-physics-smarty-pants doesn't know what I'm talking about. Well that's quite the switcheroo. [Razz]
Please rid me of my ignorance O Great boo, knower of all things televisual. [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 02:59      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
I must agree with Mangler. You cannot make a girl like you. Although I must disagree with the theory that women know within the first five minutes of meeting you whether or not she's interested in you. They only know if they will sleep with you. Although from experience, that can change as well.

In the first five minutes? Yes, we are either interested or not. Sleep with? That's a pretty solid no. If you're interesting, you have the opportunity to turn it into a yes. (Though being genuinely interested in us regardless of the sex helps a lot in making you interesting to us.)

There's a difference between getting girls to like you and picking them up. Most of your advice seems geared toward the latter. (Not judgement, just observation.)

Apologies. i had no intention to steer anyone wrong. I have always been good with women. Never had to give it thought. My advice at best is based on the miniscule amounts of introspection that I required with respect to women and liking and all that. In my world, if I got a woman's number, it was a how you say "home run" after that. Not in the "i slept with every girl whose number i ever had" sorta way at all but a "it just worked out and lasted" kinda way.
*shrug.

No apologies required. [Smile]

I think it comes down to being genuine or not. There's a whole cottage industry based on selling men information on what to say and do in order to be attractive to women (emotional cosmetics, I guess) and that tends to overlook the fact that, if you are looking for a serious relationship with a quality partner, even if you do find and attract that person by being "what women want" eventually you will have to be yourself with them.

Some of your advice is just plain old common sense, like listen and do something to let her know you were listening... that scene from A Beautiful Mind where John gives Alicia the prism comes to mind.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 03:06      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firesnake's Law of Quantum Sex: Once the possibility for sexual intercourse has been presented it is a given that in some universe, it occurs. The choice being made is whether it will occur in this universe.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 06:40      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Firesnake's Law of Quantum Sex: Once the possibility for sexual intercourse has been presented it is a given that in some universe, it occurs. The choice being made is whether it will occur in this universe.

I like that.

And it's true. Once you've made your mind up that you're going to sleep with someone, typically you do. What happens after though is usually the question [Smile]

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 07:02      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
Once you've made your mind up that you're going to sleep with someone, typically you do. What happens after though is usually the question [Smile]

I don't know, I make my mind up that I'm going to sleep with someone and they strap a restraining order on me. And not the good type of restraining!

[Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 07:12      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
Once you've made your mind up that you're going to sleep with someone, typically you do. What happens after though is usually the question [Smile]

I don't know, I make my mind up that I'm going to sleep with someone and they strap a restraining order on me. And not the good type of restraining!

[Wink] [Razz]

Well you can always take comfort in that, somewhere in an alternate universe, you totally scored.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 07:26      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
Once you've made your mind up that you're going to sleep with someone, typically you do.

Yeah - in Bizzarro-World! [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 07:27      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
Once you've made your mind up that you're going to sleep with someone, typically you do. What happens after though is usually the question [Smile]

I don't know, I make my mind up that I'm going to sleep with someone and they strap a restraining order on me. And not the good type of restraining!

[Wink] [Razz]

Maybe it's just a chick thing then /wink

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 08:43      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
Once you've made your mind up that you're going to sleep with someone, typically you do. What happens after though is usually the question [Smile]

I don't know, I make my mind up that I'm going to sleep with someone and they strap a restraining order on me. And not the good type of restraining!

[Wink] [Razz]

Maybe it's just a chick thing then /wink
Oh my feckin' God. What must it be like? What a strange idea -- that is, all you have to do is decide, and badda-bing! Lady -- the only thing we get to decide is what colour socks we're going to wear when we get up in the morning. Sheesh, it's so simple -- no flowers, no chocolates, no lying through your teeth about how much you like their hair and how much you'll respect her afterwards, no expensive IR goggles, no vials to protect those stray hairs she left on that subway seat, no making wax copies of her apartment keys, no wire-taps, no making a shimmy-space out of the wall between her lounge and bedroom, no secretly slipping E. Coli. into the coffee of that guy she was chatting a little too friendly-ly at the water cooler last week, no dusting her fingerprints from that glass doorway, no stealing her medical records from the insurance company, no planting of tracker devices on her boss's car, no freezing that sliver of connective tissue left behind in the operating theatre that time she had her appendix removed... you get the drift.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 11:07      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Oh my feckin' God. What must it be like?

A lot like being a herring in the shark tank at Sea World.


quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Sheesh, it's so simple -- no flowers, no chocolates, no lying through your teeth about how much you like their hair and how much you'll respect her afterwards, no expensive IR goggles, no vials to protect those stray hairs she left on that subway seat, no making wax copies of her apartment keys, no wire-taps, no making a shimmy-space out of the wall between her lounge and bedroom, no secretly slipping E. Coli. into the coffee of that guy she was chatting a little too friendly-ly at the water cooler last week, no dusting her fingerprints from that glass doorway, no stealing her medical records from the insurance company, no planting of tracker devices on her boss's car, no freezing that sliver of connective tissue left behind in the operating theatre that time she had her appendix removed... you get the drift.

Aw, I always knew you were a romantic at heart.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
3
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 13:09      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as Robert Smith put it:

"Why Can't I Be You"

Must be nice to feel wanted [Smile]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Neil
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 20:00      Profile for Neil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO NO NO. You've got it ALL WRONG. Potatoes? Pff.

The answer is plainly beer.

Posts: 14 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 20:20      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
Once you've made your mind up that you're going to sleep with someone, typically you do. What happens after though is usually the question [Smile]

I don't know, I make my mind up that I'm going to sleep with someone and they strap a restraining order on me. And not the good type of restraining!

[Wink] [Razz]

 -
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 01:31      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
Well, as Robert Smith put it:

"Why Can't I Be You"

Must be nice to feel wanted [Smile]

The awesomest thing about being thirty is now I know men want me for my brain. [Geek]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 04:57      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
Well, as Robert Smith put it:

"Why Can't I Be You"

Must be nice to feel wanted [Smile]

The awesomest thing about being thirty is now I know men want me for my brain. [Geek]
You datin' a zombie? (Mmmm... braaaaiinnsss...) [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 05:39      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
You datin' a zombie? (Mmmm... braaaaiinnsss...) [Wink]

Zombies are highly underrated as far as romantic partners go. They don't care about sports. They follow along willingly to the mall, the salon, the shoe store... anywhere you want to go. They default to a convenient handbag holding position (with the arms extended). They never say bad things about your mother.

And yes, they love you for your brain.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 06:24      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can even enjoy a little playstation with them (as seen on 'Shawn of the Dead').

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 07:23      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they are good listeners. They hardly ever interrupt when you are talking to them.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 00:48      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I get girls to like me? I smile really big all the time with a sort of manic glee and they mistake it for confidence. The trick is not to tell too many jokes~ the idiocy underlying the smile becomes painfully obvious after a certain number of jokes.
I'm educated-stupid.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged


All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0



homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam